• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LinkStick WIFI Dongle

kokushka

Standard Member
I recently bought Samsung 46 inch LED (C6400) and, I am planning to order the wifi USB dongle. Many people are using that dongle for the "pull" applications that are already set up on the TV, such as Blockbuster, Netflix, Pandora, etc.

My intent is to use the WI FI dongle so that from the comfort of my chair (and the laptop on my lap), I can stream any internet video by "pushing" it from laptop wirelessly through the dongle onto Samsung TV.

Is this "push" of the streaming of my choice from the computer via WI FI dongle feasible?

Many thanks

uktoppy

Standard Member
I dont see why not. You could use PS3 Media share if you samsung cant stream them over dlna natively.

kokushka

Standard Member
Many thanks for your answer.

So, in fact, what this boils down to, since my Samsung TV is DNLA compatible, how do I select on the TV source my laptop (i.e. how will my Samsung TV recognize my laptop as a source) in order to have the laptop's content transferred (either by wire or wirelessly-through the wifi dongle) onto Samsung TV?

Many thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom