Samsung LExxR41 - Using the Audio (PC In)

martind

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I currently use PC speakers connected directly to the sound card audio out on my PC (as any ordinary PC user would, however i now have my LE26R41BDX!!!!).

So, am i right in thinking that if i connect the 'Audio out' on my PC sound card to my Samsung LE26 'Audio (PC In)', i should then be able to get the sound output from my PC to travel through the LCD, and then on to an AV receiver and then on to the 5.1 speaker connected to the receiver (the AV receiver i am in the process of getting can be viewed here http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av/products/ht/rxv357.html - this link also shows the rear panel to give you an idea of how i plan to can connect the LCD and also my PS2 for improved sound quality).

If this would work i will be then able to flog my current PC speakers and rely solely on the AV receiver/5.1 speaker setup all sound requirements :D :smashin: :D .

Thanks

Martin

Why not just use the audio output from the pc audio card directly to the av receiver???

What kind of items do you have?

You mentioned:
- PC
- LCD TV
- PS 2

Anything else?

Let us know, we'll help you set all up.

daxie

Cheers Daxie, I never thought of that.

The PC sound card is 5.1 (ie 3 stereo jacks for front, rear and centre that connect to PC subwoofer that then feeds the 5 satellite speakers), any idea's how i would connect the sound card to the AV reciever in order to get surround sound (not to bothered if it isn't true surround sound as long as it's of good quality using all speakers). What type of connector and cable would i use as the AV receiver only seems to have 'phono audio input' for left and right' where as the PC sound card has 'jack audio output' for front, rear and centre. 3x jack (front, rear and centre)to 2x phono (left and right)????

Sorry if this all sound basic and boring but i am greatful for any help.

You asked about other AV equipment..............
In addition to the PC, PS2 and Samsung LCD i will also be using a wireless AV transmitter/receiver to transmit my telewest cable tv (SkyOne and anything else i dont get on freeview) to the LCD to watch in bed/at leisure as my 3 year old daughter hogs the main tv up with Willy BLOODY wonka and his BLEEDIN chocolate factory (i love it really)!!!

Thanks again

what kind of audio card is it?

options are
1) the audio soundcard has no sp/dif, nor on the back, nor on the card itself
solution==> Get 3 stereo jack => tulip cables and use those to connect the sound card to the surround input on the av

2) the audio soundcard has sp/dif on the back, either with coax, either with optical ==> use those to connect to the av

3) no on back, but on card yes ==> get a simple bracket which has either coax/optical output, connect it to the soundcard, and you are set for option 2

Option 2 or 3 is preferred, since that will be digital sound, otherwise it will only be analog.

for the ps/2: ps/2 optical out to optical in on the av
samsung: stereo audio out to any of the stereo inputs

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom