Samsung Lem 86 - Noise Problem - Help Please

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by MURPHYSIMBA, Sep 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. MURPHYSIMBA

MURPHYSIMBA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks
    Love the look and the quality of pictures ((SD only) of my new Samsung LEM 86 (40 inch) but I have returned this TV once because of noise eminating from the TV
    I have to turn the TV up to cover this up and althought not very noticeable when you do this whenever you put the TV on mute or during a quiet scene on a film the noise is very annoying (like you can hear the power going through the TV)
    My latest replacement TV is producing the same and I don't know if its me being overly fussy or is it the TV that needs replaced again
    This is my first LCD TV and I don't know what to expect as my previous 28 inch TV was totally silent when you put in on mute
    The noise would not be described as a buzzing noise but you know when the TV is on by the noise it makes.
    Can anyone with this TV advise if this normal for LCD to make this type of noise when on mute ? - should it not be totally silent when the sound is off ?
    I am connected to SKY (not HD) with a SCART lead and from my SKY Box to a Samsung DVD Sound system with an optical cable

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is really putting me off this TV
    Thanks

2. paulr2006

paulr2006
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    I have this TV & do not have this problem, the only time you can hear anything from the TV is if you go right up to it & listen very hard near the top & you can hear the LCD back light control gear.