Samsung LED UE37D5000 to Wii

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by happychappie27, Jan 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. happychappie27

happychappie27
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Hoping for some advice please. Have always had my Wii plugged in to a Sony Bravia TV but have just tried to move it on to a Samsung LED UE37D5000. However on the back of the TV there are no ports for the yellow, red and white cables from the Wii. In fact its mainly USB ports amongst some others. I am sure that I need some kind of adaptor or nnewer different cables to make this work but have no idea what they are called or where I should look. I have attached a photo of the back of the tv showing what connections I have which I believe are the ones I need to hook up to. Any help offered would be appreciated but please bear in mind im a non techie!

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. iaint

iaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi.
    In the TV box, you should have a red/white/red/green-yellow/blue to what looks like twin headphone lead; have you got this? If not, get on to your retailer...
    Twin headphone lead into side of TV, Wii red/white/yellow to audio red/white and the green/yellow, and select the AV IN channel. Or buy the Nintendo component cable. But you still need the lead that should have come with the TV.
    --
    Regards, Iain.

3. happychappie27

happychappie27
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iain,

Many thanks for your reply. I have found the cable you described that came with the television but am now struggling to get the the next step.

I have a red, a yellow and a white connection on the Wii cable. I then have on the tv cable one end that is green and looks like a headfone jack like you say. On the other end it has 5 ports - 1 green with a yellow band on the tip, 1 white, 1 blue and 2 red. I connected white to white, red to one of the reds and the yellow to the green/yellow and connected to the tv.

However on the tv the AV option is greyed out when selecting the source and says there is no devide connected.

Clearly im doing something wrong here? Would you be able to give me a detailed breakdown of exactly what the correct way of connecting the Wii lead to the tv lead is please? 3 into 5 is making it difficult for me to understand.

Im not sure it makes any differece but FYI I also have a DVD, Sky and CCTV connected to the tv although not using the port we discussed.

Cheers

4. iaint

iaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi.
    Other stuff should not make any difference.
    I'm afraid I haven't got that model so aren't /totally/ sure of the specifics, but it sounds like you've grasped it.
    Make sure the connections are properly connected; RCA connections like these are sometimes quite stiff (much stiffer than, say, HDMI connectors).
    You do need to identify which is the audio red and which is the component red though; the black/white quick start guide really doesn't make it clear, but it suggests one of the reds is tied to the white, the other is tied to the blue and green/yellow; you want the red tied to the white. The blue and other red (that goes into the middle of the connector) just get left hanging.
    If your TV allows you to select Component-in, you've probably got the wrong red.
    --
    Regards, Iain.

5. kutz08

kutz08
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem but with my component Wii cables. The samsung doesn't recognise the signal (I have the same model tv)

I've tried the standard red, white and yellow cables too but that didn't make a difference.

6. r4nd0m

r4nd0m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    when using the Wii component cable RGB+audio make sure the double pinned connector is pushed in properly - I had the issue that I thought it was seated properly but in fact wasnt, there shouldnt be any gap in between the plastic

7. kutz08

kutz08
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that worked