Samsung LED TV UE40C5100 DLNA Rendering compatible ?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by dinakaranonline, Aug 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. dinakaranonline

dinakaranonline
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys ,

I have a question regarding the DMR Digital Media Rendering capability of this model Samsung LED TV UEC5100.

I have connected my TV to the internet through ethernet cable.

Basic DLNA is working . I'm able to view pictures, play music etc. that is available in my smart phone/windows media player through the TV remote. My TV is able to identify the devices easily and this works perfectly .

But what i wanted to know is whether I can view a file or play music from the mobile onto the TV directly by keeping my smartphone as controller ? I do not want the control in the TV remote but in my smartphone.

I have used the same WIFI network to connect my smartphone and Windows Media Player.To this same wireless , my TV is also connected via ethernet.

I did setup DLNA between my smartphone and Windows Media Player 11 and i am able to play images/videos available in my smartphone onto the Windows Media Player easily . But I can't do the same with my TV . My smartphone is not able to identify the TV.The same problem is with my Windows Media Player which is not able to see my TV in the network.

I have read some where that there are two types of DLNA support available :
    DMP -Digital Music Player which play files available from my TV remote.
    DMR -Digital Media Renderer which has the ability to play content onto the TV using a Digital Media Controller(DMC) like Smartphone.

I'm not sure if this TV is compliant to DMR . Can some one please confirm ?

Cheers,
    Dinakaran

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    What you can do with your phone to the tv depends on your phone, apps etc... what phone have you got ?

FYI Windows Media Player is poor DLNA software and produced low quality outputs. Serviio media server is free and much better with good support for Samsung. You can get a Serviio app from your phone to control it as well.

Also look at Twonky beam app (android), that will let you send some media to your tv. You can get other software as well, it all depends if your android, iphone or a feature phone.

Samsung have a phone controller apps, again depends what platform your on.....

3. dinakaranonline

dinakaranonline
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi NX3 ,

I use an Android Smartphone HTC Desire HD, even if I use Serviio server, am not able to view my TV as one option to play the media files.

Cheers,
    Dinakaran