Samsung LED TV turn off screen picture while playing music

erikkramer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have been googling, but found no answer yet.

I have a samsung UE40C6000. What I'd like to do is turn the screen off, or black when I'm playing music in the media player.

I've found this option in te Eco-solution menu. But when I'm in the Media Player and press the Menu button on the remote, it jumps out of the media player mode back to the tv-mode.

Does anyone happen to know a solution?

Thanks,

Erik

Hi all,

I have a samsung UE40C6000. What I'd like to do is turn the screen off, or black when I'm playing music in the media player.

I've found this option in te Eco-solution menu. But when I'm in the Media Player and press the Menu button on the remote, it jumps out of the media player mode back to the tv-mode.

Thanks,

Erik

Seems a bit odd - on the 5 series you can go to the menu.

Do you have a tools button and does that get you there?

Hey Bobby, thanks for the reply.

When I'm in Media player mode, playing a song, the tool menu only offers:

Repeat Mode
Sound Settings
Information

Hi Erik,

Thanks,

Erik

Hi Erik,

You could click on "Tools" option on the remote and click the "save energy" option.

The TV light dims with every click and finally goes off i.e. only the display goes off.

You could click the same button to bring the display back on.

If this does not help, you could contact the online help of Samsung. Just keep your TV serial number at hand.

Cheers!:thumbsup:

You could click on "Tools" option on the remote and click the "save energy" option.

The TV light dims with every click and finally goes off i.e. only the display goes off.

You could click the same button to bring the display back on.

If this does not help, you could contact the online help of Samsung. Just keep your TV serial number at hand.

Cheers!:thumbsup:

Thanks John.

I couldnt resolve the issue, so ended up buying a squeezebox. Which works pretty well.

Hello,

I know this is an old post but the problem is still the same on newer models. This made me crazy for years but right know I had the great idea to shut off the screen in TV mode just before starting to play music and it works!

Well, this is not possible if you use your TV to browse your music library but if you use your mobile or computer to stream to the TV it should be an easy way.

Good luck!
Gandlz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom