Samsung LED tv: Firmware change 6000 in 7000 possible?

Clouds

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just received my Samsung ue32b6000 and already looking for ways to brick it :cool:

As I understand 6000 series can play movies from usb if one enables that in the service menu.
Also, newer firmwares (as in my tv) have that option unchangeable...

So I tried a bit: if you go into service menu -> option -> model and change it to UB7000 instead of UB6000....the WISELINK MOVIE option in the other menu will be 'ON' (and so will several other features that 6000 does not have and 7000 does).

So far I'm afraid to store this setting in order to not brick my tv...

Has anyone tried changing B6000 into B7000?
Will/did it work or not, or will it brick the tv?

Best regards,
Clouds

I have Samsung ue46b6000 and already chanching the WISELINK MOVIE option into service menu, It work fine.

I didn't changing B6000 into B7000, but I now it's possible change in models B550 into B650, it work fine, try change and tell me your experience.

Sorry my English.

Best regards,
Paulo Silva

Paulo, thanks for your reply.
I'll look into the effects of changing B550 into B650...

Does anyone know what might go wrong when changing UE B6000 firmware settings to model B7000?

Regards,
Clouds

I've changed 40B6000 into 40B7000 and it's working fine (with usb video play).

But there isn't another 7 serie's functio (PIP, widget, etc...)

Now I'm asking: "If I'll put 7's firmware"?

Now I've this configuration on service menù:

Type: 40P1UF0E
Model: 40B7000

Instead of model, for Type there's many different series, did you now what change between 40P1UF0E and others?

Thanks!
Bye

Hi electrobose,
Thanks for your reply and thanks for being my guinea pig :devil:
I was still afraid to make the change, but I'll try it now...

Did you just change B6000 into B7000?
Or did you also change some settings back to the B6000 values?
E.g. in menu 'control'->'sub option' is an item 'tools' that has value 11 for B6000, and 31 for B7000.

Any other changes to the tv, like slower starting or something like that?

Best regards,
Clouds

Did you just change B6000 into B7000?
Yes

Or did you also change some settings back to the B6000 values?
No, I've no make changes in sub-menù, only model name.

Any other changes to the tv, like slower starting or something like that?

No, fast as before, and no problems like reboot, flashing and similar.

Last edited:
Ok so I changed the firmware setting from B6000 to B7000...
and now I can play movies from USB on my UE32B6000! :thumbsup:

No problems found yet...

Very happy with that!!!

Best regards,
Clouds

Just wanted to say thanks to electrobose and Clouds for daring to test this out for us.

I just tried to change B6000 to B7000 on my 55UAB6000 and the movie playback works fine now.

Startup time is around the same as well.

Pity there's no "stretch" option as a lot of my videos are anamorphic 1440x1080 resolution so they look squashed on the tv. I'll probably stick to my ps3 for video playback.

hmmm makes me wonder if after doing the change to model name
in the service menu, if you could also flash with 7000 firmware.

Unfortunately its too much money to risk bricking it.

Although it would be very nice if it enabled us to use the widgets
etc in conjunction with the samsung usb wireless adapter.

Not brave enough to try this myself and i very much doubt if it would
work.

Hey all,

Just received my Samsung ue32b6000 and already looking for ways to brick it :cool:
Clouds

:laugh: classic... respect!!!

Anyway i think you've just talked me into buying one, a shocker if the only difference is the firmware??!! Does the B6000 also support Ethernet and wireless?

Well the B6000 does not have an ethernet port...
As far as I understand all circuitry is there but they just didn't solder a port on the board....might try that in 2 years when the warranty is over (if I didn't void it already).

Don't know about the wireless though.....

Regards,
Clouds

Have you connected yours to a pc at all, interested to see how it behaves as a monitor.

Hi,

first of all, sorry for my English because I´m Spanish :rolleyes: and I don´t know a lot.
I have just bought a Samsung LED UE32B6000 and I´m very interested on upgrading the firmware from B6000 to B7000 but I don´t know from where do I have to donwload it. Where did you found the firmware B7000??

thanks a lot!

Well the B6000 does not have an ethernet port...
As far as I understand all circuitry is there but they just didn't solder a port on the board....might try that in 2 years when the warranty is over (if I didn't void it already).

Don't know about the wireless though.....

Regards,
Clouds
it does have Ethernet port. source: I OWN 40b6000

oh and about the wireless yes it does support wireless but it is not built in like the high end led models
you would need to buy the wifi dongle. samsung sells them.. ummm idk if you could use just any dongles beside the samsung

also can some one help me get into service menu. i tried what is said about turning off tv then pressing info menu mute then power on. but it hasnt worked for me can someone tell me what im doing wrong.

Last edited:
I done a factory reset before upgrading FW 2000 to 2007, then changed model to B7000 - video function is still working :clap:

Anyone tried changing model to b8000 - any benefits?

I managed to put the firmware on the B7000 (T-CHU7DEUC-2009.0) in the B6000, download it from here
HTML:
http://www.samsung.com/es/support/download/supportDown.do?group=&type=televisores&subtype=televisoresled&model_nm=UE46B7020WW&disp_nm=UE46B7020W&language=&cate_type=all&dType=D&mType=FM&vType=&prd_ia_cd=02010300&model_cd=&menu=download
I had changed the model by 7000 and the type by 46A2UFOE, sorry for my english, i use a translator.

Hi,

first of all, sorry for my English because I´m Spanish :rolleyes: and I don´t know a lot.
I have just bought a Samsung LED UE32B6000 and I´m very interested on upgrading the firmware from B6000 to B7000 but I don´t know from where do I have to donwload it. Where did you found the firmware B7000??

thanks a lot!

Check out Jonboys post and look at the attachment

Attachments

• New Text Document.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 5,876
I managed to put the firmware on the B7000 (T-CHU7DEUC-2009.0) in the B6000, download it from here
HTML:
http://www.samsung.com/es/support/download/supportDown.do?group=&type=televisores&subtype=televisoresled&model_nm=UE46B7020WW&disp_nm=UE46B7020W&language=&cate_type=all&dType=D&mType=FM&vType=&prd_ia_cd=02010300&model_cd=&menu=download
I had changed the model by 7000 and the type by 46A2UFOE, sorry for my english, i use a translator.

So did you put 7's FW on B6000?
It's working correctly?
What's change (widget, content library)?

If it works we have to install a memory module and mount ethernet-rj45 jack.

Thanks!
Bye

Hi,

Following this thread, I entered the service menu of my Samsung ue32b6000 in order to activate usb media playing. Sadly, I mistakenly changed the "type" option and now I get a different volume OSD indicator. I also suspect the image looks different than it used to, although that could be just my perception.

Having changed it by mistake, I didn't get to notice what the default setting was. Could you guys tell me what the default "type" option is, so I can change back to it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I have also noticed that if I push the "info" button, the "led TV ←→ conventional TV" indicator no longer shows any kind of power saving.

HTML:

I have a UE32B6050 (Type: 32P1UF0E, Model: UB6000) I tried changing the model to UB7000 which gives me video playback from USB, I then tried changing the type to 40A2UF0E which had no effect and it wouldn't let med install the B7000 firmware.

The reason I'd like to run the UB7000 firmware is that I'd like to access the network functions (with the USB WiFi dongle).

Anyways, now I'm back to a 32P1UF0E/UB7000 setup but interestingly I now have a different volume display, it's a vertical bar rather than the original circle and all the menus have a light blue highlight instead of the normal red :)

Anyways, now I'm back to a 32P1UF0E/UB7000 setup but interestingly I now have a different volume display, it's a vertical bar rather than the original circle and all the menus have a light blue highlight instead of the normal red :)

Okay, I put the TV back in UB6000 mode, went back to the "alternative software" version (aka. the default firmware), upgraded to the latest firmware again (normal B6000 version), and then set it to UB7000 mode again...

Now all the menus are their original black and red and the volume OSD is normal and round again.

Still looking for a way to open up the networking functions though :) There is the network settings in the menu, but it won't let me set anything. In the "Media Play" section it says "(USB & DLNA)", so it looks like the TV thinks it should have networking capabilities.. Plugging in the WiFi dongle doesn't change anything though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom