Samsung LED tv: Firmware change 6000 in 7000 possible?

I have the 37bd6000 (changed to 7000) I've found a flash drive that it recognises and plays a short movie I put on it. So the system works....I just need to find out why it's not recognising the Iomega hard drive.....Onward and upward!!:)

I have the 37bd6000 (changed to 7000) I've found a flash drive that it recognises and plays a short movie I put on it. So the system works....I just need to find out why it's not recognising the Iomega hard drive.....Onward and upward!!:)

Now I understood.
May be too large or has a different type of formatting or too many partitions.
We know that Windows XP recognizes 2 main types of formatting: FAT32 and NTFS.
Also he can not see a greater number of 5 partitions regardless of their size.
Maybe that Iomega has a different format (like Linux) or is too big or too many and TV does not recognize it.
It's just a guess. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions....I have it working now. It was just my patience that wasn't working. The Iomega took a while to register on the TV. I was just about to unplug it after another fruitless test when the TV decided to find it and report that it had found a new USB connection.....The video then worked perfectly.....One happy owner here...Thanks again for the input.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestions....I have it working now. It was just my patience that wasn't working. The Iomega took a while to register on the TV. I was just about to unplug it after another fruitless test when the TV decided to find it and report that it had found a new USB connection.....The video then worked perfectly.....One happy owner here...Thanks again for the input.:thumbsup:

I'm glad for you that you managed to make it work. :smashin:

After I entered the hidden menu and I changed the B6000 to B700 to activate video player, I noticed that the TV remember the date when I did this. If I ever going to have to send it under warranty for a problem that might occur over time, this would void the warranty? I say this as if I have to return to default settings and will be set that day as the day it was produced or bought it, what is impossible :suicide:

Please similar TV owners who want to check this and tell me.
Thanks

Last edited:
After I entered the hidden menu and I changed the B6000 to B700 to activate video player, I noticed that the TV remember the date when I did this. If I ever going to have to send it under warranty for a problem that might occur over time, this would void the warranty? I say this as if I have to return to default settings and will be set that day as the day it was produced or bought it, what is impossible :suicide:

Please similar TV owners who want to check this and tell me.
Thanks

my date is different too, although mine says 17/01/10 although i know when i bought it on 22/11/09 i changed the model number there and then that day so im not sure where its getting this other date from.

my date is different too, although mine says 17/01/10 although i know when i bought it on 22/11/09 i changed the model number there and then that day so im not sure where its getting this other date from.

The question is: In this case the TV warranty is not lost?

not sure to be honest if i do get a problem ill just show them my receipt

So what I thought.
But if they find that the date of the receipt differs from the one shown by TV hidden menu.
Could this would invalidate the warranty?
TV can work perfectly 10 years from now.
It's just a guess.

My 37" 6000 (7000 switch) has the factory software in it.....2009/09/30_002008.........Now I realise that there is much newer software, however having read through the thread it seems that there is little changed in the updated software.
Question is..Is it worth changing and will it affect the change to 7000 in anyway?

My 37" 6000 (7000 switch) has the factory software in it.....2009/09/30_002008.........Now I realise that there is much newer software, however having read through the thread it seems that there is little changed in the updated software.
Question is..Is it worth changing and will it affect the change to 7000 in anyway?

"Canky99 said:
Hi, from what i can tell there is no real visable difference in the new firmware. I know some people have said on other past firmware upgrades the screen seems to get darker but i havent noticed any change."

From what I read on forums, some say are significant changes (especially when it comes to dynamic contrast) while others say that the only major change is that no longer allows access to hidden menu (but there's nothing sure) or downgrade to a older version of software. I prefer to wait until someone from Samsung will write the changes bring new software upgrade, because theoretically they should write it on their site but I see nobody did it until now.

OK, I'll leave the updates for now....When was the last time they did an OTT update? I guess I'll wait for the next one of those....I'm happy with the way the set is working at the moment so I'm not in any hurry....

Thanks again...

OK, I'll leave the updates for now....When was the last time they did an OTT update? I guess I'll wait for the next one of those....I'm happy with the way the set is working at the moment so I'm not in any hurry....

Thanks again...

With pleasure and I hope I was helpful.
Indeed, I've seen no documentation to accompany the updates posted on the Samsung site but only instructions for their use.
Should be written a petition:)
Regarding that firmware, no I'm not rushing to run the update, at least until I know exactly what it does.

P.S. You can tell if you tried to run DivX and XviD movies directly from memory stick or external HDD?
If so, what profile you use to get a clear picture and not too dark?
You can write down those settings that I can test them.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guy's, Im writing from Brazil.

I got a LED UN32b6000 yesterday, (here is really $$) and i didnt know that the tv doesnt play movies or videos.

so I started to search about.. and I found this forum.

I read every comment and page about switching to b7000.

But I dont why, i cant even reach the service menu!

I tried the sequence hundred times already, but the television does start normal, without the menu!now i am thinking about trow this thing trough the window hahaha

please, help me!

thank you guy's

Last edited:
Hey guy's, Im writing from Brazil.

I got a LED UN32b6000 yesterday, (here is really $$) and i didnt know that the tv doesnt play movies or videos.

so I started to search about.. and I found this forum.

I read every comment and page about switching to b7000.

But I dont why, i cant even reach the service menu!

I tried the sequence hundred times already, but the television does start normal, without the menu!now i am thinking about trow this thing trough the window hahaha

please, help me!

thank you guy's

Hi! Let me tell you how I did with my Samsung UE32B6000.

Suppose your TV is on. Follow the following procedure:
Turn off the TV, then press these keys on the remote: [Info] Then [Menu] Then [Mute] and finally [Power] (keys must be pressed exactly in that order within 3 seconds)
The TV should now turn on and you'll see the service menu (in my case it worked).

If this does not happen, the TV probably already has the latest firmware update installed, which seems to block access to hidden menu.

Last edited:
Hi! Let me tell you how I did with my Samsung UE32B6000.

Suppose your TV is on. Follow the following procedure:
Turn off the TV, then press these keys on the remote: [Info] Then [Menu] Then [Mute] and finally [Power] (keys must be pressed exactly in that order within 3 seconds)
The TV should now turn on and you'll see the service menu (in my case it worked).

If this does not happen, the TV probably already has the latest firmware update installed, which seems to block access to hidden menu.

Thanks for your trying, but I've already done all that you said.

It came with the firmware something . 8. I tried first and than I upgraded it to .9 (seems like in US they are already in .12) and still doesnt working.

What about a downgrade to 2003 or 2006? I read that in these firmwares it will work...

Still trying!
Thanks!

Thanks for your trying, but I've already done all that you said.

It came with the firmware something . 8. I tried first and than I upgraded it to .9 (seems like in US they are already in .12) and still doesnt working.

What about a downgrade to 2003 or 2006? I read that in these firmwares it will work...

Still trying!
Thanks!

I hope to succeed.
Be careful with firmware updater.
My luck is that I have not had to do a downgrade to the older software to activate the secret menu.
Indeed I read on some forums that would work.
I can only say good luck.

Yeap, thank you!
but the only one problem is that i dont have some older version :p

any1 has more ideas? ;D

thanks!

Yeap, thank you!
but the only one problem is that i dont have some older version :p

any1 has more ideas? ;D

thanks!

Thiagão, I'm from Brazil too and I had the same problem. At least from mine, it has an different way to enter inthe service menu. I don't remember anymore, but as far as I remember it was a sequence of three numbers. If you search on Google, certainly you will find, because I did 2 months ago.

Mine is un40b6000, but I think it is the same code as un32b6000.
Try to search on brazilian forums, and put EXACTLY the same TV code"(I think it is un32b6000VM)...

Hope I Helped you.

A strange thing happened to me yesterday with my TV.
Last night while working at the computer and the TV was on standby, from TV to hear that particular sound, like when you start. In the background was a slight buzz as do mosquitoes, but the TV did not start.
At 2 minutes after that I went curious to see what is happening and I was surprised to see that started more quickly.
Usually, when you turn on your TV, that red light (on some TV is blue) flashes 5 times (about once per second) and starts in about 5 seconds.
Yesterday started in 2 seconds.
Can anyone tell me if it's just something particular to my TV, or has happened to someone like me?

P.S. In my case is already the second time when it happens .. When it happened the first time I said that's just the fruit of my imagination.

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,

i've been reading this thread and actually noticed some different things in my 32" led tv wich i think are due to the difference in the model (mine is UA32b6000vr, which i believe is for asian and african regions).

first of all, once i purchased the tv i upgraded with the firmware i found on the european samsung site (****.2008 for UE32b6000vw) which actually made my USB port unusable (detects nothing) and messed up the names of HDMI ports (the numbers displayed didn't match the actual number on the rear panel anymore!), so i rolled back to the original firmware (****.2000) and got back the USB to work (but still HDMI numbers messed up)... but what all this did good is enabling the support of videos from USB!!

now when reading this thread i noticed you could change the model number (in the service menu) from UB6000 to UB7000 to enable video support, my problem is that when i checked this on my TV, the model number was "LB650", not even UB6000!!! is this normal??? isn't "LB650" an LCD TV model not a LED TV one??? i'm really confused!! and would this be the reason the HDMI port numbers got messed up??

finally, should i change the model numebr to UB6000 instead of LB650 (which i believe what it shoud be?!) ??

thanks for charing any idea :)

i want step to rolled back firmware :lease:

Last edited:
Could you please send me a manual for service menu?

When you changed FW 7000 into 6000 it works as well as before?

Thank you

Hi
I was updating my samsung led 6000 40inch today
but now its thinking its a different tv

i go onto the blue recovery menu and under model i put Ueb600 etc

but under type i dont know what need to be put there?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have a Samsung LED 6 series and sometimes have problem viewing movies from a USB.
I either have a "Audio Codec not supported problem" where the movie plays perfectly but without sound or
"the movie starts playing faster than normal" with no sound as well.
would anyone be able to help me fix this problem please?

Hi,

I have a Samsung LED 6 series and sometimes have problem viewing movies from a USB.
I either have a "Audio Codec not supported problem" where the movie plays perfectly but without sound or
"the movie starts playing faster than normal" with no sound as well.
would anyone be able to help me fix this problem please?

Hi!
TV does not recognize movies that are encoded audio DTS (Digital Theater Systems) but only the AC3 format.
Basically you need to convert from one format into another and to do so, you have to go on the following link:
Tutorial for converting audio tracks with HeartWare MKV Audio Converter
There you will explain in detail what to do.
I personally used this program and I can say it works 100%.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom