• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LED TV - AVI Playback is weird

fri3ndly

Standard Member
Hello all

My brother in law has an LED Samsunge TV which is fairly new and has a USB port allowing playback of all file types and works with both NTFS and FAT32.

The problem I am having though seems to be with playback of AVI files only. They play fine apart from every so often the picture gets red/green horizontal lines/blobs across it. It appears to be more apparent on a scene change and they fade out after a while.

It's really odd, my first thought was that it would be a codec issue with the TV, however the avi files I have tried are just standard divx/xvid files.

I have attached an example below and welcome any thoughts

Thanks a lot

33y4c50.jpg

andy1249

Distinguished Member
It's really odd, my first thought was that it would be a codec issue with the TV, however the avi files I have tried are just standard divx/xvid files.

It almost certainly is down to the software within the TV and how it handles some types of media files.

Theres no such thing as standard divx or xvid files , both of these have numerous different versions and various ways in which they can be encoded.

Theres a program called mediainfo , its free , download that , install it on your PC , point it to one of the problem files , right click , and choose mediainfo , and it will tell you exactly what way the file is made up.

You should be able to narrow down to exactly what format or feature is causing the problem by doing this.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom