Samsung LED TV auto-dimming, dims while on HDMI

Carrillator

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been having some problems with my samsung tv, it auto-dims while watching movies from my laptop through HDMI, I already disable the energy saving function from my laptop, disabled the autodimming, all the standard energy saving functions have been disabled. DIMMIG ONLY happens when using the 1920 * 1080 resolution, when using the 1600 x 900 the flickering stops, this is how I know that the energy saving functions ain't the problem, Also I'd like to mention that even when using the 190*1080 resolution the screen doesn't dim or flicker if the video player is not in full screen mode, if the window is maximized but not in full screen it doesn't give any problems. I tried to configure every single setting in the samsung tv to prevent this but i'm unable to stop the dimming, plus...when I play XBone through HDMI there's not any flickering, the screen maintains the same light balance. I don't know if it has something to do with the laptop configuration or with the Laptop video card, has someone experienced this before? I'd really appreciate any advise on this, if i'm not clear enough please let me know.

P.S. I switched video players too in order to see if this was the problem, also when in full screen mode when you move the mouse cursor around it kind of lightens the screen, and then when stop moving it the screen darkens again, and if you don't do anything then it dims and lightens all the time while watching a movie, it's really annoying.

Have you tried using the Movie present, it should stop the dimming

Well, just the picture preset.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom