samsung led+samsung home cinema+sky hd

grezza

Standard Member
Reaction score
i am trying to set up my system..i have a samsung series 6 32" led tv...a samsung ht-z220r surround system and sky hd...can someone help me how to set this up using optical cables please...i want it all running together...any help would be grateful...also i have xbox 360. can i connect this also using optical thanks

Last edited:
Buy a 3 way manual optical switch and connect each optical source inc. your Xbox 360 to the switch, then run an optical cable from the switch to the single optical input on the Samsung unit. It is selected on the Samsung by pressing the Aux button until you get to the D.In input.

Make sure you change the settings on your sky+hd box to DOLBY D under optical output in the sound settings menu and save. Note you'll only get DD5.1 when you DD is displayed on the menu bar from movies, sports, US shows, BBC HD etc. The Xbox 360 should also be changed to digital audio output within the setup.

If your Xbox 360 is an HDMI model check the sticky post in the Xbox 360 forum

ta very much that is really helpful..so i would need 3 optical cables then to go to the switch...any recommeneded cables and where from would be nice cheers...

Switch

Optical cable

I would question the need to connect the TV up, as it only outputs stereo and how often would you want to hear pseudo surround sound from Freeview? If you only connected the Sky+HD and the Xbox360 you might get away with using an optical splitter to save you getting up to change inputs on the switch. They work as long as only one source is on at any one time, hence why they don't work with TVs. TVcables.co.uk sell them for £5 or so.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom