• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LED Problems - Plug and Play

PST

Standard Member
Hi,

Just bought a Samsung UE40B7020 and started setting it up. I've got Sky+ at the moment (putting off Sky HD until we move to a new house in a couple of months) and the plug and play isn't working.

Sky's hooked up to the television via a scart lead. I turned the television on, went through the steps of choosing country etc and when it got to the plug and play I told it to search for digital and analogue. The search completed without the television detecting any channels and, as such, all I get is snow.

Anyone have any experience of setting one of these up without an HD box?

Oggie

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Just bought a Samsung UE40B7020 and started setting it up. I've got Sky+ at the moment (putting off Sky HD until we move to a new house in a couple of months) and the plug and play isn't working.

Sky's hooked up to the television via a scart lead. I turned the television on, went through the steps of choosing country etc and when it got to the plug and play I told it to search for digital and analogue. The search completed without the television detecting any channels and, as such, all I get is snow.

Anyone have any experience of setting one of these up without an HD box?
You tried all inputs

PST

Standard Member
You tried all inputs

I've just tried plugging in just the normal analog television cable and it detected the terrestrial channels on that. It's still not detecting the cable channels via the scart lead (which goes to a dongle to convert it for the tv).

viewmaster

Standard Member
I've just tried plugging in just the normal analog television cable and it detected the terrestrial channels on that. It's still not detecting the cable channels via the scart lead (which goes to a dongle to convert it for the tv).

The tv will only see the digital chanels via the analog ariel if you do the install searc both analog & digital listed as cable it will then list all of the signals it sees under the chanel listings it will not see the chanels through the scart lead.!

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
You've got things a bit confused here. The TV will not 'detect' the channels coming from the Sky box. You just need to change the source to the Sky and then operate the Sky with the Sky remote. You mentioned cable channels, so is it Sky or cable that you have?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom