Samsung LE52M86BD fixing advice please

Telemaid

Standard Member
Hi, Q1. I've just ordered a Samsung 52" LCD and the wall it will be fixed to is dot and dab plasterboard on concrete block. The cavity behind the plasterboard is approx. 1" and I would like to know what type and size screw,plug and drill bit to use. I have a fixed wall mount to take up to 80kg. The tele weighs 40.5kg. Q2.... Is it ok to mount it above a radiator? It will be approx 10" above the rad and I will put a rad shelf over to cut down the heat. As there is a 1" cavity behind the plasterboard would it be a good idea to use this to hide cables ? Ideas:lease:

Telemaid

Standard Member
C'mon guys 33 views and no replies? Just want to make sure TV doesn't blow up cos of the heat, or fall on the grandkids heads. :eek: I am a 60 something granny DIYer with a trusty Ryobi but just want to make sure of this one :rolleyes: First posting was Sat. Have looked through previous postings for over two hours no luck!! Look forward to a reply.;)

Telemaid

Standard Member
The monster is up on the wall at last.. Used 8 anchor bolts in the wall 8m x 95 using a 14mm drill bit as advised on the bolt packet. As Steve 1951 said these will probably hold an elephant and I think they will. The bracket used was from tvfixings.co.uk model PWB1 for 32-60". I know they are available much cheaper than this but when I ordered the bracket I hadn't found this site. Hope this helps others.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom