Samsung LE48M86BDX + HT-X30R on HDMI + Sky HD on HDMI Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Sherlock1971, Sep 9, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Sherlock1971

Sherlock1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have recently purchased the Samsung LE40M86BDX and the Samsung HT-X30R Home Theatre as a package.

After reading the threads about the bug with the FreeView module and confiming that I too had the bug on the TV (manufactured in May 07) Samsung agreed to replace the TV with a new one manufactured in Aug 07, after they found that it could not be repaired within a suitable amount of time.

Now that I have the new unit & no FreeView bug I have another, really annoying problem. I have just got my Sky HD box and want to connect it to the TV via HDMI, but everytime I do (on any HDMI port) it knocks out the Home Theatre (which is currently on HDMI 1) and the TV via the AnyNet+ system only sees the HT-X30R as a standard DVD Player and does not allow the sound to be piped throught the surround system.

I have reverted back to watching SkyHD via SCART until I can figure out the problem...as anyone here seen this? I would be very greatful if I coul get some assistance on this issue...

Thanks

2. Sherlock1971

Sherlock1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Edvuld

Edvuld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The skyHD box which has it's own implemention of HDMI-CEC is stopping your anynet+ connection between the two Samsung units to work if I remember correctly. I believe removing a pin in the HDMI socket will resolve the problem.

4. chubsta

chubsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    My grilfriend got the samsung tv and ht-x30r package it it was a terrible mistake - the tv and surround system seem to constantly be in conflict with each other and changing settings on one is often over-ridden by the other, even when i have the anynet turned off...

It is getting to the point now where i will probably just buy her a new surround system just to make life easier...

also, for some reason i cannot get the component from the dvd player to work right - when i plug it into the tv it shows everything in a bright pink, whereas with the 360 thru component it is perfect! of course, if i try to connect the 360 via vga then i just get a black screen and 'not supoorted' message...

have had nothing but trouble with tv and dvd since she got it...

5. cuke2u

cuke2u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Hi, I have exactly the same setup, aside from mine being the 35, as I don't have any problems what are yours? Perhaps I can help...
    ChrisC

6. srkovvuri

srkovvuri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have samsung LE32 + HT-X30R, Connect HDMI + FROM YOUR HOME CINEMA DVD PLAYER TO TV, MAKE SURE YOU BUY OPTICAL AUDIO WIRE WHICH GOES FROM BACK OF YOUR TV TO DVD PLAYER.
    CONNECT I.E. VHS PLAYER USING SCART LEAD TO TV, OR SKY BOX TO TV AND CONNECT PS3 WITH HDMI CABLE TO SAMSUNG.
    WHEN YOUR SAMSUNG THEATER SWITCHED ON IT CAN DETECTS ALL SOURCES AND BRINGS THE SOUND THROUGH YOU CINEMA SYSTEM, REMEMBER GOING TO YOU DVD MENU SWITCH OFF TO HDMI Audio OFF other wise you only get sound out of your TV rather than your cinema system.