Samsung LE46M87BDX - What wall mount

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by pg325, May 8, 2007.

1. pg325

pg325

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  2. devbod

devbod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Looks like all of them will physically fit. I'd probably avoid the first one tho.

3. bluestates

bluestates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same question...

The Skytronic range on Amazon is well reviewed and cheap, but I am not 100% sure it fits as they do not refer to specific VESA sizes, just states "75 - 480mm fixing holes"; the LE46M87 is 600 x 400 mm standard.

The abf3760 plasma wall mount you mention states VESA compliance
    "Suits VESA 75x75, 100x100, 200x100 and 200x200mm" so that does not look suitable either...

4. bluestates

bluestates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. devbod

devbod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    If you look at the picture you can see that there is no fixed horizontal spacing.

For vertical spacing the lower holes are fixed but the upper ones are elongated so in practice they allow for any spacing within the design range.

When they mention VESA compatibility they are just listing the common ones, it doesnt mean they dont support others. Even some sellers of this tv quote different (wrong) spacing for the VESA mount screws.

6. pg325

pg325

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Picked up the new TV tonight from John Lewis, took a peek at the mounting points on the rear, definatley 600x400 (funny that).

They already have screws in them, but it does seem they are very short, the actual mounting points are sunken in the back, therefore fiting a flush mount on the TV will need longer screws.

Does anybody know what size and thread pattern they are?, god I'm hoping they are metric standard.

PG

7. dog2_99

dog2_99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

i managed to buy screws from Homebase and they fit and work great! was really pleased!

8. pjr918bmw

pjr918bmw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Dont want to "try and teach Granny " etc.

BUT BE CAREFUL.....

The holes are recessed and if you dont put some spacers behind the bracket you could damage the back of the TV as the bracket will bear down directly on the panel and I reckon if you over tighten the bracket something is going to break!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Pretty much any VESA mount will do as long as you take notice of the above - just check that the mount will not obscure your connection panel and check that tthe replacement screws are not too long.

HOWEVER if you are not a reasonably competent DIYer I wouldn't try and wall mount a big LCD.

Took me about 5 mins to put my 46 up (bracket was there from previous telly)