Samsung LE46F86BDX dying? Help...

revisj

Established Member
Reaction score
My Samsung LE46F86 is now 25 months old and is developing an annoying, possibly serious, fault.

When switching it on (Via the remote or touching the little chrome ring) the red light illuminates but the TV refuses to power up.

I can hear what sounds like a relay clicking away in the background, and eventually after about 10 secs the TV comes to life... but that delay period seems to be getting longer.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Is it repairable?

I was planning to hold onto this TV for about another 12 months before going 3D... I really don't want to get one so early in its life cycle.

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

You need to read this thread, particularly the last couple of pages.

Many many thanks JayCee, I reckon I'll take the Samsung route before dusting off my (never been used...) soldering iron.

Jon

Phoned Samsung UK (TVs) on 0845 726 7864 this morning and reported the fault. I was quickly advised that this was a fault that they would repair free of charge (TV is 2 1/2 years old) and that due to the 46" nature of the TV they would perform the repair on-site.

Result!

Many thanks once again JayCee

Jon

Top marks to Samsung!

Within 1 hour and 20 mins of reporting the fault a local service company has been out and replaced the power supply!

Awesome!

Glad to hear it...good result :smashin:

Last edited:
top marks to samsung!

Within 1 hour and 20 mins of reporting the fault a local service company has been out and replaced the power supply!

Awesome!
just joined and have this very problem, am i right in that samsung actually repaired your 2.5year old tv for free...and hows it behaving?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom