• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE46C750 Impressions.

Tricky-Ricky

Went out an bought one, along with a Humax HDR500, planing to ditch Sky;)
£699 or 748 with two pairs of 3D specs.

Must say i am pretty impressed, been contemplating a new TV for some time, and was scared of not being able to match the performance of our 6 year old Sony 40" LCD, which had a great picture,
But after watching them side by side, the Samsung has much better depth of field, and the colours is more vibrant, but i do think that the near background imaging is a little jagged, maybe due to the bigger screen making it more obvious.

Overall though, it does pretty much everything i could ask, great picture, plays most format via USB, which compared with other sets i have looked at, it wins hands down, it even tries to play AVCHD via LAN, but unfortunately it can't quite handle it without stuttering, but hey thats the least of my worries, it plays dam near everything on my Stora DLNA, and sees my 80gig HDD via USB which is more than my PS3 does 50% of the time.

The internet TV stuff is also pretty good, quite impressed with the quality, also my downloaded film content play very well compared with my old set,
Not had a chance to really play with the 3D yet, other than the 2D to 3D which is not that great, don't even have a 3D disk yet LOL, but then i really didn't buy it for the 3D, however the bluray and HD performance is fantastic, so for the price its a very good buy.:D

splinters69

Distinguished Member
Love this set and watched Avatar 3D on it last night. I was very impressed. Not had the dreaded blink either.
Like youi thought my last set was pretty good but this is leagues ahead.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom