• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE46A557P2F

zombie_donkey

Comet are selling these for £799 and a 50" Plasma (SAMSUNG PS50A457P1DXXU) for £799 but with the 50" plasma they will sell you a £200 home theatre dvd system for £50.

The surley sales woman would not do the same deal with the home theater system on the LCD tv. In fact she would offer no additional discount whatsoever on it.

Is the Samsung LCD that great a deal that they can afford to do this?

So much for being able to haggle :(

Last edited by a moderator:

zombie_donkey

No one got any pearls of wisdom?

I've spent the last week looking at TVs to replace my 3 year old Hitachi plasma and doing searches on here for model numbers either comes up with a bewildering array on posts that don't help or I get no results due to different retailers having different product codes.

I'm so flippin confused I may just give up and go live in the woods.

I want a better TV than the Hitachi 42thingy6600 that I have now for no more than £799 with a bigger screen.

zombie_donkey

Mod Comment: please give it more time before bumping your post 1hr 40min is not a long enough time

Understood. I judge such things by the distance down the list the post has gone. Anyway, after 24 hours still no reply so not even your bump helped :)

Not that it matters. I don't think I will use Comet again anyway, with the state of the economy one of the two comets in my town may end up getting closed and if the staff are going to drive customers away then they will have brought it on themselves.

I'll wait for retailers to get more desperate before I buy another TV. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom