Samsung LE40R88DB OR PS42Q96HD

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by murdo132, Jan 11, 2008.

1. murdo132

murdo132
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Folks.

I purchased the Sammy LE40R88BD after Xmas, however have noticed the juddering when anything moving at fairly quick speed.

Been wrecking my brain for past week now and finally got the courage to ask for replacement via the shop.

I spoke witht the manager and he said no probs, just bring it back and we'll change for you.

I been looking at the plasma ps42q96 model and seems quite good. it also has alot more natural flow to the moement of the picture than the LCD version.

Do you agree with, comments welcome.!!!

Cheers.
    Adrian

2. Marcos

Marcos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I was comparing plasma and lcd last weekend for the first time and i was surprised at how wacky the motion can be on LCD sometimes when compared to the plasmas. Full-screen panning shots seemed to jump about on the LCD like it was filmed on a handheld camcorder whereas the plasma showed it as a smooth straight-direction pan.

im stuck in the LCd Vs plasma debate too, im supposed to make a decision soon and i want the LCD for gaming but i dont think i could watch movies on it

3. martinkoss

martinkoss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I bought my Samsung PS42Q96HD I had a long conversation in Currys with a surprisingly knowledgeable sales person - he really seemed to know alot more than he'd have been taught from a product brochure!!!

I was looking to go from a Panasonic 37" (non-HD) to something newer and he narroed it down to the new Viera (Panasonic), the Samsung PS42Q96HD, a Pioneer and a Samsung LCD.

After further discussions about our needs: We don't have BlueRay, we just want the best picture from DVD through HDMI and any future HD TV source (we don't have Sky HD or anything at the mo). He then narrowed it down to the 3 plasmas.

With money not object he recommended the Pioneer (I don't recall the model) but I didn't want to spend £1500. It was then between the Panasonic Viera and the Samsung PS42Q96HD - and he recommended the PS42Q96HD even though the Panasonic was the same price and brand new model.

Like I said, he seemed to know his TVs!!!

I ended up with the PS42Q96HD and am totally (ok 95%) happy with the picture quality although it can appear a bit too good for movies - colours too bright and vivid but this can be tweaked in the menus. The sound is appalling. Gotta say it. I have a DAB radio with 1watt speakers in the kitchen that has better sound quality than the 2 x 10Watt speakers in the TV.

I'd recommend it for the picture, the style, the connections and the remote but be prepared to connect it (via optical) to a suround sound system to get high quality sound from it.