SAMSUNG LE40R88BD Flat Panel TV 40" Audio problems with laptop

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Blingster, Apr 29, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Blingster

Blingster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone, Thankyou for your input i have got the screen working now didnt know it would just be a extention to my laptop screen ie. if i move the cursor over to the right it will appear on the LCD and if i move it back it will be on the laptop doesnt matter quite kool i guess! I now have a new problem i went to Currys 2day and got a audio cable because i thought the audio would go through this cable that connects the laptop and the screen but no it doesnt or i couldnt make sound come out of it? This new cable connects into the x3 audio inputs in the front of laptop Mic/audio in/audio out i think (If you know how these are setup normally tell me) This is a Packard Bell laptop - Easynot anyway! Anyway i connect the phono end of the cable looks like headphones connection into both audio in/audio out and also the Mic and connected the other x2 cables 1x Red 1x White into the side of the Samsung TV (AV in) This is where they said put it (NO SOUND) so i put it in the back where it said audio components and still nothing i have noticed next to where i connect the (D-sub / VGA whatever the cable is called) it has a audio in and i think this is for the PC sound!

Please help as i want to watch but only can hear it though the laptop why i watch on LCD

Blingster

2. Silver Serpent

Silver Serpent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Was there a need to create 2 threads?

Why not consolidate your problems into one?

3. Blingster

Blingster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok calm down, Only reason i did that is because i thought people would see i have had answers to my last problem and this is a NEW problem!

4. gemima

gemima
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I was just wondering whether you got the problem sorted because I'm having the same issues. Using a VGA cable I can get the display to work, and I used a red/white cable that connects to my TV, the other end connects to my headphone jack.

It works perfectly on our other TV (Toshiba) but when I try to set it up in the same way with this Samsung it doesnt work.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

thanks
    Gem