Samsung LE40R87BDX and 360

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Nemesis X2, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,803
    I'm very tempted to get an LCD and definitely want a Samsung, however there are many models.

I have seen the above model for a good price, but does anyone have it and can they comment on it's quality, especially when using with the 360. My main concern is screen blur for things like PES which can move quickly.

I know the R74 models have received awards but are the actual screens in various models the same, therefore the main differences in the different model numbers more to do with connectivity? The one mentioned above has 3 HDMI's and 2 RGB scarts along with Component and S-video, so from that point of view seems pretty good to me... Other than that, the spec sounds like many other Samsungs.

Any feedback will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance:smashin:

2. CeeJay775

CeeJay775

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I have the samsung LE32r41bdx or something like that, its a great TV for 360 and very popular amongst 360 owners, I get no screen blur and am going to buy a 42" version myself next month. I was going to get a sony and looked at the panasonics and all that but in the end the price and having had this sammy made me decide for another one of them. I think there great lcd tv's and I am sure alot of people who own them will agree.:smashin:

3. Tyjay

Tyjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,945
    only slight down side to the samsungs is the sound anything above 30 on the volume and it starts to slghtly distort but picture quality is superb for the price looking at another for the bedroom wall :)

4. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,803
    I was wondering about the sound as i know that's the only thing they tend to be marked down on. However, as i have a 19 month old sleeping upstairs, i never get to play or watch anything with the volume very high anyway. The question being is the sound good quality at low volume.

Also, it mentions Trusurround.... Is this any good? Does it give any impression of surround?

Thanks.

5. leamspaceman

leamspaceman
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,317
    The Samsungs are great TV's. I have the LE40R74BD that can be had for a very good price here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507221

For the amount you save, a good HDMI switcher can be your solution for connectivity.

Don't rely on the TV speakers though, they are not the best. A relatively cheap surround sound amp & speakers will be alot better. This will be the case with any TV, not just the Samsung.

6. Tyjay

Tyjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,945
    yeah at lower levels the sound is perfectely fine its only when it goes above 30ish that it starts to slightly vibrate but i would recommend the telly every time as its a top notch picture