Samsung LE40R87 Bars/banding/burns

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by nitrusoxide2k1, Sep 15, 2007.

Tags:
  1. nitrusoxide2k1

nitrusoxide2k1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought my Sammy le40 back in feb this year, and after taking 7, YES 7 months for samsung to replace my tv for the clouding / banding issue on the screen Ive got a new one this week. Guess what, the problem has come up again. I dont know if its bad luck or just me.

Only noticeable on the black screen, but its split up into 4 "bars" being the left more grey going to dark then lighter again.

The left screen looks "pixelated" grey and when i turn the brightness down it goes a dark red colour.

ive taken a picture (not that clear) but gives an idea of what its like on the vista screen saver .

Ive phoned samsung waiting for repair guy again :(

[​IMG]

2. nitrusoxide2k1

nitrusoxide2k1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone got any ideas ?

3. JonnyL

JonnyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if it's the same but I noticed earlier when I reset my cable box that on the black screen, I had loads of smaller bands moving continuously down the screen. Never noticed until today.

4. nitrusoxide2k1

nitrusoxide2k1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its major clouding on the two tvs ive had - both with strong "burns" from top to bottom of screen looking grey pixelated.

Are these screens supposed to be cloud free ? as previous pc monitors ive used never had this kind of interference or burn marks

N20