Samsung LE40R74BDX

jockohomo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Samsung LE40R74BDX ?
On paper it looks good although only one HDMI is not ideal. At £1,095 it's quite tempting...

Thanks but I was hoping for a quick summation as I don't really want to wade through over 100 pages.

Got it just over a month ago and overall im very impressed. Integrated freeview was fine for me - good picture, but slow when chaging channels. I have read though on that 100+ page thread that there is a software update that improves this. I got Sky+ so never use it. Sky+ is good as well, no complaints on picture quality. Yep agreed its only got 1 hdmi connection, would have been good for at least 2, but for me 1 is enough as i use it with my dvd player. The xbox360 dont have that connection so use components on that.

It exceeded my expectations after doing research about it on this forum. Only minor gripe is the sound aint that great, but thats now going through my amp. And also that you cant switch it off properly, just goes to stand by when you press the power button.

Oh yeah it looks wicked.

Overall i highly recommend it.

thing is quick summation is going to be one persons views, now that may be widely different from the norm

Thanks ferreirm and you're quite right blacksheep. Reading past posts it seems you can pick any TV and it will have as many people for it as against it. Still, always fun to read.
I'm also strongly considering the Toshiba 42WLT66 but a little put off by 'What Video and High Def. TV' mag. They said it's not too hot with SD sources, also mentioned 'slight smearing of motion', something I don't expect for £1450. My old CRT has conked out after 8 years and I'm relying on a 14" portable ( much to my surprise I'm used to and quite enjoying the tichy thing after a week's viewing) so I no longer have the urgent need to rush out and 'go large'. I don't intend to get HD in the near future and will be relying on analogue and my Sky box.
That said, if any of the 40"-42" Tosh.,Sony, Samsung, LG, were under £1000 I'd probably just spring for one right now.
Is it just me or does anyone else think LCD's are way overpriced?

You just mentioned the two I'm stuck between samsung le40R7 or tosh 42WLT66

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom