• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE40R74BDX Firmware Upgrade?

chrisbond

Standard Member
Seen a few threads regarding firmware upgrades but no information how to receive the update.

Just received my new Samsung LCD but the DTV seems very sluggish. Its running T_BORDDUK0_1010. Doesnt seem to be an upgrade available im on Multiplex 42C (TSID 5000, ONID 233a). Network Ridge Hill (ID 3007).

I came across the broadcast engineers thing but according to that it was broadcasting updates last week for me but I just couldnt receive any. How do you get the thing to update?

Also by updating to latest it wont do that annoying 4:3 box thing ppl have been moaning about, you'd hope they've fixed this.

H

hodgey1968

thinking of purchasing this v bud, do you think it is a good lcd or not, picture quality good on normal tele off sky like bbc and all them ??

Technick

Standard Member
I got the update a few weeks ago going from T_BORDDUKO_1008 to T_BORDDUKO_1010 so you already have the latest version. As far as I know the TV will alway notify you when there is an update (as long as you are watching via the built in DTV tuner) and then you have the choice to use the new version or revert to the previous version.

filmman

hodgey1968 said:
thinking of purchasing this v bud, do you think it is a good lcd or not, picture quality good on normal tele off sky like bbc and all them ??
hi
just got one myself,very pleased with the picture on both analogue and freeview.Out the box it is set to dynamic mode,best set to movie mode.

A

avCheese

Try turning off digital text (in the digital tv menu) should speed things up a little - but digital TV isn't always quick on mine, one of the minor niggles I have with the set.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom