Samsung LE40R74BDX 40" LCD

H

hodgey1968

have seen one of these tv's for a very good price, before i buy though i would like to know if anyone on the forum has one and what are your opinions on it, or what does anyone in the forum think of the product ?

chrisbond

Standard Member
Yeah I got one a few weeks back - very impressed with it. Got mine from martindawes.net found them to have the best price, delivery was very quick too and you can upgrade to saturday delivery.

BurninVermin

Am really happy with my one, started of with concerns with pic quality but after about a week of fiddling am now very impressed. I read somewhere that these panels improve after some hours of use, am not sure if correct or not or if my eyes are just becoming accustomed to the picture but it seems to be getting better and better. :thumbsup:

KingSkinTim

Standard Member
Hi there,

I just bought a Sammy LE40R74BDX from Beyondtelevision. I paid just udner £1200 including Saturday delivery which was an extra £20. Im really really impressed with it as a PC Monitor (which is its main purrpose) but not SO impressed with the Freeview reception. That said, its down to the quality of Freeview which is highlighted by the massive size of the screen. Some programs (Lost, Prison Break) look fantastic (as they were recorded in HD - obiously not transmitted in HD yet) and they look MUCH nicer than stuff on for instance UKGold - whcih was recorded inthe seventies ;)

I think the telly picture will be fantastic with a proper HD source... come on Freeview, lets get it rolled out :)

so, to summerise, its a great TV, but if you have poor quality source, then the size is going to highlight that fact.....

PS, beyond television were great. I ordered it very late Thursday night and received it at 7:45AM on Saturday morning :) now thats service :)

TeeDoubleUDee

KingSkinTim said:
Hi there,

I just bought a Sammy LE40R74BDX from Beyondtelevision. I paid just udner £1200 including Saturday delivery which was an extra £20. Im really really impressed with it as a PC Monitor (which is its main purrpose) but not SO impressed with the Freeview reception. That said, its down to the quality of Freeview which is highlighted by the massive size of the screen. Some programs (Lost, Prison Break) look fantastic (as they were recorded in HD - obiously not transmitted in HD yet) and they look MUCH nicer than stuff on for instance UKGold - whcih was recorded inthe seventies ;)

I think the telly picture will be fantastic with a proper HD source... come on Freeview, lets get it rolled out :)

so, to summerise, its a great TV, but if you have poor quality source, then the size is going to highlight that fact.....

PS, beyond television were great. I ordered it very late Thursday night and received it at 7:45AM on Saturday morning :) now thats service :)
I agree with everything here - bought my 40" Sammy from beyondtelevision.com and received 2 days later in perfect condition. The FV tuner is weak compared to most but give it a good strong signal and it's terrific. I thought that the picture was improving too but put it down to just getting used to it - maybe there is something there! Connect a DVD player upscaled to 720p via HDMI and your old films get a new lease of life :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom