Samsung LE40R51BX - Help , Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by B517, Mar 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. B517

B517

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    hi

Am 95% on purchasing this Samsung LCD TV Model LE40R51BX for £1200

But before i do i just wanted your opinions or advice as my old 28" inch General Electric CRT went kaput on me last week after many years of service.

I am really not technically advanced so any advice would be appreciative.

many thanks

2. Vallyboy

Vallyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 32" Sammy and I am well pleased.

Points I would make is that a 40" is a big jump compared to a 28" crt...get your viewing distance right, I would guess no closer that 3 metres, but stand to be corrected by someone who has a 40".

Terrestrial TV will not look so clever so you should be looking at a digital connection, box/ cable whatever.

LCD has plus and minuses compared to CRT, so it is not perfect yet, but I guess you are like me when my set went tits up, do you go for old technology or embrace the future ?...I know I am happy with my decision.:)

3. paxman21

paxman21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently it has it's faults as I'm sure someone will point out, I've bought one of the 40" but haven't set it up and tried it yet. I got it for £1200 too and for this price you can't get anything that size better!

Someone told me the viewing distance would be 2 metres or more.

4. felixthecat99

felixthecat99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have ordered this model too but samsung out of stock at the moment,
    am also planning to use it as a monitor but its replaacing an LCD projector...
    i have ordered a long high integ VGA cable.... but am considering using component out from my ati card.. cos this may give better mapping. Plus the tuner on my AIW card is crap so a tv with its own tuner is essential.....
    will be playing oblivion asap...
    watch out for a hum / noise from the back of the unit as some screens are affected any you will want to return it if it is... hopefully samsung has fixed this bby now... and if their outofstock then maybe ill get a newer one.
    for the price there is little comparison between similar sized screens.
    good luck with yours..... search these forums using model number there are a few issues but im still getting one!!!!

5. B517

B517

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Your right 28" to a 40" is a big jump, truth is my living room is kind of large and my 28" looked like a 14" when sittin on my sofas, I'm going to have this LCD pinned to my wall so should be a big difference, only dreading how much wires and connections will get in the way.

I have cable digital so all is well, I apperciate your comments many thanks for your help

True say, for the size of the screen the price is a steal, Will most probably order within the next week, Thanks for your advice :)

Hi there, thanks for your comments. In the future i will probably have a media centre pc hooked up to this screen if all works out well but at the moment am sticking with the normal tv, home theatre stuff.
    I will look out for this hum noise, thanks
    hope you enjoy yours

many thanks for your feedback