Samsung LE40R51B picture problem.

T

TriForce

Hi all!

I've recently bought a Samsung LE40R51B, primarily for PC gaming. The screen is connected to my PC with Dsub, 1:1 pixel perfect 1360x768@60 in WinXP, and 1024x768@60 for the games that doesn't support widescreen. I have run into a single, but really annoying problem with all the games I've tried so far, namely Battlefield 2, Half-Life 2 and F.E.A.R. demo.

The problem is that everything from medium dark to completely black spots leave a very visible dark trail against any medium light background. This occurs whenever I look around with the mouse (the trail can be up to an inch long, depending on how slow/fast the movement is). However this "smear-effect", which is not subtle at all, does not occur at all when the black/darker spots are right next to a very bright background, like a blue daylight sky. The problem disappears completely if I turn up the brightness on the Samsung so that black turns into grey, but then the picture becomes too bright to accept.

I have tried several different cables, always with the same result. I've also tried to connect the pc with the component connection (on the Sapphire Radeon X800XT) to determine wether it is only the Dsub-connection that's affected, but the problem is also present on the component connection.

I only have a couple of days to sort out this problem before I either must return the screen to the store or keep it. If I cannot fix the problem by then I must return it, which is sad because apart from this problem I am very happy with the unit.

Any help, or suggestions as to what may be wrong will be very appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom