Samsung LE40R51B only 1 rgb scart why!!

i have the samsung LE40R51B and it has 2 scarts but only 1 is rgb, is that the case with all manufacturers or is it just samsung who do this ,is it more costly to do rgb or is it just bad planning on samsungs part?

i love:spam: on milk roll with cherry tomatoes and kettle crisps!

G

grumpycamel

I think its down to costs! I have a Sony with 3 scarts of which only one is RGB!!
:eek:

Out of curiosity, what do you want to plug into 2 RGB inputs? Not saying you're wrong to complain, just wondering what people use them for.

clockworks

Novice Member
Lyris said:
Out of curiosity, what do you want to plug into 2 RGB inputs? Not saying you're wrong to complain, just wondering what people use them for.
I've got 3 devices which have RGB as their best-quality connector:
Sky+
Humax 9200T
Panasonic DVD recorder

The Sky+ and Humax are daisy-chained, but the Panny has to make do with S-Video.

Nick Odgers

I have Samsung LE40R51B which I connect PS2, Sky + box and dvd player to RGB scart by using a switchbox, check Keene electronics, they have a selection.

clockworks

Novice Member
Nick Odgers said:
I have Samsung LE40R51B which I connect PS2, Sky + box and dvd player to RGB scart by using a switchbox, check Keene electronics, they have a selection.
Do you use a manual switchbox, or a remote controllable one?

I control everything with my Pronto, so a manual switchbox is a no-no.

battle.chasers

Standard Member
i run my sky though my rgb input.
if i daisychain the dvd throught the sjy box, what do i have to press on the sky remote to access the dvd?
i tried it and simply switching the dvd on while watching sky doesnt work

gavan

Novice Member
battle.chasers said:
if i daisychain the dvd throught the sjy box, what do i have to press on the sky remote to access the dvd?
When I tried daisychaining something through my Sky+ SCART, I found that the 'source switching' thing didn't work. ie. The telly didn't automatically switch to the device.

You have to make sure that the Sky is 'off' and then manually set the telly to the appropriate RGB scart input (usually scart 1).

Personally, I daisychain the Sky through my DVD player which works wonderfully. Though it's quite an old deck and it seems that many modern players have dropped the twin scart feature.

Gav

clockworks

Novice Member
battle.chasers said:
The signal from the DVD player should override the sky box automatically, as soon as you switch the DVD player on. If it doesn't, two things to check:

Is the scart cable from the DVD to the sky box fully wired? some scart cables do not have the necessary wire to enable auto-switching (pin 8, IIRC).

Some devices have an option in the menus to enable/disable scart control. Make sure it's turned on.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom