Samsung LE40R37 Freeview problem

J

jeggsy

I was wondering if you good people could possibly help me.

The in-laws Samsung LE40R73BDX has developed a fault with the built-in Freeview. It is stuck on BBC1 but will not display any picture or sound. You cannot change to any channels or call up the guide or digital menu. If you choose Menu then anything related to the Freeview is greyed out and cannot be selected.

The normal analogue TV works OK so that proves the aerial is working OK.

I tried selecting Plug and Play to reset the TV but all that did was rescan the analogue channels and reset language and time but did not rescan the Freeview channels as it should.

To me it seems as if the Freeview part has died. Is there anything that can be done ? ? The TV is out of warrenty.

Luckily they have Sky and that works OK but it would be nice to have the Freeview working as there Sky reception isn't the best and freezes every now and then.

Any help would be great.
Paul

J

jeggsy

Been looking on the web this evening and came across a few pages that says this seems to be a common issue with this series of TV.

There are 2 possible solutions I've found:-

The info>menu>mute>power on takes you to the engineers menu and then chose the RESET option.

To reset just freeview.. 0 0 0 0 and then press the colour buttons in sequence.

Has anybody tried any of these ? ? Where would I try the 2nd option of the 0's and the colour buttons ? ?

I have been in the engineers menu once before to turn off Dynamic Contrast but didn't really like going in there !

Cheers
Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom