Samsung LE40N87BDX/XEU

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Donstar83, Jan 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Donstar83

Donstar83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys really need your expertise on my new TV problem. I just bought the said model from Debinhams a few days ago.

Now I know I'm not going to get a true HD picture as I am using just a normal Sky+ box. My PS3 is connected with a HDMI cable and the games/Blu-ray look fine. The actual T.V channels themselves however leave a bit to be desired. I get what I can only describe as "ghosting" sometimes when images move on the screen. These are more noticeable as well as larger pixels with black objects.

I've looked through the TV settings guides you guys have posted (ace btw :thumbsup:) and they were much better compared to the factory settings.

I have got a gold plated Scart cable but it only cost me £20. Should I get myself a more expensive Scart cable or just bight the bullet and get a SkyHD box?

2. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    From your description it sounds like you have "Movie plus" set to on, turn it of on all inputs and you should see the difference.

Curly

3. Donstar83

Donstar83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nah, pretty much the same. It is a more than watchable picture. I'm just not sure if I'm being over critical. Its quite noticable aswell in the Sky_menu. I have made sure to change the settings to RGB(or whatever it is) and I'm at 16:9 aswell.

4. Kamizuri

Kamizuri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    out of interest - how much did this tv cost in debenhams? It's hard to find at a price I like