Samsung LE40N87BDX or Panasonic TH42PX70B?

jameshardy89

Standard Member
Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to bring to attention the fact that this is only my 2nd post, and first HDTV puchase attempt, so please bare with my ignorance ;D.

Anyhow, as the title of the thread says, I've just placed an order with Argos for the Samsung LE40N87BDX, for the price of 699 quid. However, after placing the order, I stumbled upon the panasonic TH42PX70B, at the price of 629 quid.

Now, I am aware that the panasonic is a plasma, and the samsung lcd, and that the panasonic is devoid of 1080p (even though it allegedly possesses something called a 1080p Digital Processing Chip-Set and 1080p Digital Re-mastering Processor10W x 2 audio output).

So, I plan on using the tv I get for playing the Wii, watching my DVDs, and I have a Virgin+ box, which has HDMI output, albeit only for 1 or two channels. Additionally, I plan on purchasing a HD-DVD and/or Bluray player in the next couple of months, as I'm a huge movie buff, and feel that it's ALMOST time to join the revolution !

Please help me in deciding which'd be better for my needs.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom