Samsung LE40N87BDX losing settings

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Proctahoc, Jan 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Proctahoc

Proctahoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took delivery of a Samsung LE40N87BDX today and in general I'm very happy with it, once the settings have been changed from the nasty factory defaults, to those found on this forum and that's the basis of my problem.

Once the picture settings have been changed they last about 20 minutes before somehow automatically switching back to factory defaults, which as you can imagine is very annoying.

I thought that before contacting Comet customer services I'd post this slightly odd problem here, just in case I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks.

2. bud69

bud69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    sounds like its in shop mode.

do a search, sure its been mentioned before.

3. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Indeed it sounds like your in "shop mode(stop peeps messing in stores by reverting the settings) you should be in home mode, easiest way to change is to hold volume+menu on the tv not the remote for 5 - 10 seconds, tv will blank and on return the osd will say "dynamic" , the tv will now save your settings.

Curly

4. Proctahoc

Proctahoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for the info on shop mode. I've done as suggested and I'm sure that's what it'll be.

I remember that the first (or close to it) setting when the TV goes through it's installation routine when turned on for the first time was the shop/home one and I could have sworn I got it right. Then again excitement probably got the better of me :)

Cheers.