Samsung LE40N87BDX calibration

magnox

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all :)
apologies in advance if I have posted this is the wrong section! I was just wondering if anyone knows of any correctly calibrated 6500k settings or just any better settings than the out of the box ones for the samsung LE40N87BDX?

I have seen quite a few threads and settings for the samsung LE40M87BD and I understand the contrast ratio is 15,000 to 1 on that set and 10,000 to 1 on mine. Will this have any impact on settings if I try to duplicate the M87 setiings to the N87?

Any help, settings or experiences from anyone would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Basics to get better picture are to disable all processing.

Set to movie, disable dynamic contrast, black adjust, power saving, DNI-E, DNR, EE, Movie Plus. Then pop in calibration disc. Reduce sharpness way down, I found 0 to be best from 1080p DVD player, 20-30 for freeview TV.

Basics to get better picture are to disable all processing.

Set to movie, disable dynamic contrast, black adjust, power saving, DNI-E, DNR, EE, Movie Plus. Then pop in calibration disc. Reduce sharpness way down, I found 0 to be best from 1080p DVD player, 20-30 for freeview TV.

Here Here! Took me an age to get my M87 picture to a level I was comfortable with. As Badbob said turn off all of the so called 'enhancements' and look up the M87, thread plenty of settings listed on there...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom