Samsung LE40N8 changing country

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Martin Lawton, Feb 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Martin Lawton

Martin Lawton
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently decided to unsubscribe from Sky and connect to spanish terrestrial TV. I live in Spain and bought the TV in Spain however I do not seem to be able to receive more than 4 channels, I have a good line of sight view of the transmitter and my neighbour can receive 40+ channels. It is a new wideband aerial, correct horizontal polarisation and I have checked the coax for continuity.

On going into the "Engineer Setup" on the TV I notice that the country selected is the UK, on doing a system reset and selecting Spain in the "Plug and Play" setup still no channels and on going back to the "Engineer Setup" the country is still set as the UK. I assume that this is why I am not receiving all the channels. My question is how do I permanently set the country to Spain?

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    Before changing anything in the "engineers menu" you need to establish that your aerial installation is indeed suitable so either try another Tv on it or try your Tv on a known working aerial.

3. Martin Lawton

Martin Lawton
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks JayCee. On checking cable to TV found it was connected to the SAT o/p from cable to roof and antenna, changing to the TV o/p solved everything.
    Martin

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    Glad to hear it.