• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE40M87BD 40 inch Vs Sharp LC42XD1EA 42 inch

deepthoughts

Standard Member
I am planning to buy 37-42 inch LCD. more I read about reviews more I get confused. :rolleyes:
Can any please help choosing the right one (prefer: 1080P)
narrowed down my search to
Samsung LE40M87BD 40 inch AND
Sharp LC42XD1EA 42 inch
any suggestions which one is better
or any other recommendations

thanks

badbob

Banned
On the connections and 24hz support the Samsung wins (1080p from vga, compo and hdmi) plus one extra hdmi socket, seperate vga and component inputs.

I had the Sharp 42XD1 (not A model) and now have the Samsung M87.

deepthoughts

Standard Member
I have gone through many reviews and think Samsung in more favoured then sharp and of course I am looking for 1080p on all connections.
is there a difference between Samsung LE40M87BDX and Samsung LE40M87BD or these are same as some of the sellers advertise it as BDX and others as BD.
thanks

D

Deleted member 219262

I have gone through many reviews and think Samsung in more favoured then sharp and of course I am looking for 1080p on all connections.
is there a difference between Samsung LE40M87BDX and Samsung LE40M87BD or these are same as some of the sellers advertise it as BDX and others as BD.
thanks

From my reading on this site, BD & BDX are the same. Something to do with location I believe as there is also a BDU, but the screen is the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom