Samsung LE40M87 or Sony KDL40D3000U - Advice required

ads43

Standard Member
Samsung LE40M87 or Sony KDL40D3000U

I am looking to purchase one of these from Empire Direct. The costs are

Samsung LE40M87 - £835
Sony KDL40D3000U - £925 (with DVD recorder)

The television will be connected to a Virgin V+ Box so will be used mainly for SD and a bit of HD.

Any advice on which is the better TV, picture quality especially when viewing sport, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ChrisGgr

For these uses the D3000 is a definitely better choice!!!And excellent bundle for this too!!!

rheeley

Standard Member
Samsung LE40M87 or Sony KDL40D3000U

I am looking to purchase one of these from Empire Direct. The costs are

Samsung LE40M87 - £835
Sony KDL40D3000U - £925 (with DVD recorder)

The television will be connected to a Virgin V+ Box so will be used mainly for SD and a bit of HD.

Any advice on which is the better TV, picture quality especially when viewing sport, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I was in the same dilemma a week ago and opted for the Samsung model, mainly as i wanted 1080p for my ps3 and the glossy black frame for cosmetic reasons.

But i have to tell you, the picture and colours are amazing on it, the shiny screen doesnt reflect badly at all, only when screen is black but as soon as a picture is on the screen i dont notice it, also had no motion blur etc.

SD picture is also excellent, unless u sit 2feet from the screen it looks brilliant to me, and i just came from CRT and was expecting a poor picture especially with 1080p.

If you dont need 1080p then i have seen that sony tv cheaper than the samsung on digitaldirect website, by about 100. May be a clincher.

ads43

Standard Member
A couple of questions:

1. How reputable are Digitaldirect, as I have never used them before?

2. When does the 10% Empire Direct code expire?

Thanks in advance

ChrisGgr

1)Good feedback

2)31st august seems the expire date

ads43

Standard Member
I know there are very long threads on these TVs, but can anyone tell me briefly if there are any major generic problems with these sets.

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom