Samsung LE40M86BD Freeview Judder and Optical Sound Output Fault

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Duel, Sep 6, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duel

Duel
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Hi guys,

Just collected my LE40M86BD (P7) from Empire Direct yesterday (after a great deal of hassle due to staff incompetence!). It's good overall but has a few faults.

The main one is the well-known freeview judder. In conjunction with this, the sound output from the optical keeps muting/unmuting itself quite often. This makes Freeview on this TV practically unwatchable.

Secondly, I have ghosting which is very noticable when switching between input sources. However, I am yet to see it interfere with any actual usage so this doesn't especially bother me. Also, I hear that ghosting often disappears over time with this set. Is this true?

With regards to the Freeview problems, I am not content to keep the TV in this state. However, I also do not want to be without a TV for any period of time and also fear that the replacement could have more serious faults such as dead pixels/loud backlight buzzing. Would Empire Direct/Samsung send someone round to my house to fix it here or replace the set whilst collecting the old one? How have other people got around these issues?

2. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    HI, there are 2 threads already on this tv that may contain the answers you are looking for if not ask again in this thread it also contains a FAQ, and this thread it contains info on the freeview judder, as such I'll close this thread.

thread closed, Curly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.