• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

SAMSUNG LE40M86BD,any good??

pointbreakuk

Standard Member
hi i was looking at the current 37 inch sets from philips,lg and toshiba but just been in comet again and have been recomended the SAMSUNG LE40M86BD.i must admit out of the 4 tvs this has the best picture and best blacks.anyone out there in favour of this tv??

rheeley

Standard Member
hi i was looking at the current 37 inch sets from philips,lg and toshiba but just been in comet again and have been recomended the SAMSUNG LE40M86BD.i must admit out of the 4 tvs this has the best picture and best blacks.anyone out there in favour of this tv??

I just bought this tv myself mate after weeks of looking into different models out there. Mine should be delivered tomorrow and i cant wait to set it up :)

here is a good review of it if you want the specifics:

Samsung-LE40M86BD

Hope that helps, i think you would be very happy with the purchase.

rittyuk

Standard Member

yes i agree with the other poster on this thread,this tv really is very good..

i have the 46"(about 6weeks) version and it has the lastest firmware version(2000) and this tv is fantastic in every way,i use it for my ps3,xbox 360 with hd-dvd addon and the wii and it looks just wonderful with a hd 1080p picture through it....

even SD picture quality is very good and i have no problem watching the football at all(this is through skysd connected through scart)...

blu-ray movies are out of this world running @1080p and at 24hz....just buy planet earth on blu-ray and your jaw will hit the floor..

hd-dvd buy hot fuzz....wow

you wont be sorry if you buy this tv :thumbsup:

R

Robster8

I purchased the LE40M87BD from Tottenham Court Road last Thursday after reading good reviews, I must say the TV certainly looks the part, I have no complaints there, however I must say I have never seen a TV with the most appalling artificial colours anywhere else, I am so far very disappointed with that aspect of the TV which I consider to be the most important attribute of a Colour TV.

The greens and reds are particularly bad and saturated and I have tried every conceivable setting to get this right, including some from this forum last night. I will persevere with trying the recommendations in this forum, but I don't hold out any hope of getting an accurate colour balance. I have an older Thompson LCD and just replaced my Hitachi 42PD6600 which both display excellent colour.

I have a Sony AR42S Blu-ray 1080p laptop which using Just Scan setting on the TV gives a very impressive High Definition picture through HDMI, but the colours are appalling.

Surely I don't need to spend a large amount of money to get this TV calibrated when I’ve only just bought it, I would think the Shop I bought it from should arrange for this to be done, anyone have thoughts on this ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom