SAMSUNG LE40M86BD,any good??

pointbreakuk

Standard Member
hi i was looking at the current 37 inch sets from philips,lg and toshiba but just been in comet again and have been recomended the SAMSUNG LE40M86BD.i must admit out of the 4 tvs this has the best picture and best blacks.anyone out there in favour of this tv??

rheeley

Standard Member
hi i was looking at the current 37 inch sets from philips,lg and toshiba but just been in comet again and have been recomended the SAMSUNG LE40M86BD.i must admit out of the 4 tvs this has the best picture and best blacks.anyone out there in favour of this tv??

I just bought this tv myself mate after weeks of looking into different models out there. Mine should be delivered tomorrow and i cant wait to set it up :)

here is a good review of it if you want the specifics:

Samsung-LE40M86BD

Hope that helps, i think you would be very happy with the purchase.

rittyuk

Standard Member

yes i agree with the other poster on this thread,this tv really is very good..

i have the 46"(about 6weeks) version and it has the lastest firmware version(2000) and this tv is fantastic in every way,i use it for my ps3,xbox 360 with hd-dvd addon and the wii and it looks just wonderful with a hd 1080p picture through it....

even SD picture quality is very good and i have no problem watching the football at all(this is through skysd connected through scart)...

blu-ray movies are out of this world running @1080p and at 24hz....just buy planet earth on blu-ray and your jaw will hit the floor..

hd-dvd buy hot fuzz....wow

you wont be sorry if you buy this tv :thumbsup:

R

Robster8

I purchased the LE40M87BD from Tottenham Court Road last Thursday after reading good reviews, I must say the TV certainly looks the part, I have no complaints there, however I must say I have never seen a TV with the most appalling artificial colours anywhere else, I am so far very disappointed with that aspect of the TV which I consider to be the most important attribute of a Colour TV.

The greens and reds are particularly bad and saturated and I have tried every conceivable setting to get this right, including some from this forum last night. I will persevere with trying the recommendations in this forum, but I don't hold out any hope of getting an accurate colour balance. I have an older Thompson LCD and just replaced my Hitachi 42PD6600 which both display excellent colour.

I have a Sony AR42S Blu-ray 1080p laptop which using Just Scan setting on the TV gives a very impressive High Definition picture through HDMI, but the colours are appalling.

Surely I don't need to spend a large amount of money to get this TV calibrated when I’ve only just bought it, I would think the Shop I bought it from should arrange for this to be done, anyone have thoughts on this ?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom