Samsung LE40M86/7BDX Vs Sony KDL40W2000

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by BimBeema, Sep 17, 2007.

Tags:
?
  1. Samsung LE40M86/7BDX

27 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. Sony KDL40W2000

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. BimBeema

BimBeema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello all,

As the subject suggests this is a poll to find out how many of you knowledgable guys on the forum would side by which brand and model of LCD. I choose this two because they are probably if not the best two full HD 40" LCD's out there currently and they are the ones that I have narrowed my search down to in search of an LCD tv to purchase.

I have been looking to purchas one for a few months and was all set to go for the Samsung until I signed up to this forum and read about the number of problems it seems to suffer from (freeview judder, movie plus bug, horizontal or vertical bands, sparkling effect, etc) and now I'm in two mind again, as the Sony one seems to only suffer from Clouding and even that seems to be a hit & miss case.

So please vote which one you would go for based on your knowledge of the product if you don't currently own either or you may be an owner/user of one, so please feel free to vote but bear in mind any problems, bad/good experience you may have had and go back to when you purchased it and think if you would buy the same again given your experience or would go for the other product.

Please vote and help me choose. I'm going insane reading reviews and about this problem and that problem and frankly driving the missus mad too!

Cheers.

2. Starks223

Starks223
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on what you are going to use it for.
    If you gonna use all the scart connections then I wouldn't bet on the Samsung.

I would go for the LE40M86/7BDX , it takes 1080p signals on all ports (i have a 360 and a ps3), it can handle the 24fps (Blu-ray) and gives a very good picture after calibrating it.

3. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    In my opinion these are the best current 1080p tvs at his price.But the sony is older and looses some features of the M86's.What about the new bravias?

4. BimBeema

BimBeema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    wow - this seems to be quiet a one sided battle. I was expecting a more even affair, particularly given the documented problems with the Sammy!

The new bravia range would probably be the best solution, however they are also likely to be out of my budget. I'm looking to spend no more than £1K and already have had to wait some time for these two TV's to drop in price sufficiently to fit in to my budget!

I'm going to give this a bump to see if I get any more votes - hope people don't mind the bump!

5. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    At the moment, if your budget can stretch the extra few quid, I'd go for the F86 over the M8 series.

6. RPD_UK

RPD_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'm considering the W2000 now - as the price is looking very tempting. I also saw a demo of it using a PS3 (playing Blue Ray) and the level of detail, lack of motion blur and 3 dimensional picture was very impressive - and thats without any tweaking !!

At around £880 online its a serious bargain imo - as is the Sharp 42 XD1E (if you can find one without the banding issues) that can be had for similar money.

7. BimBeema

BimBeema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ok peeps, I've decided to go with majority. I honestly thought there would be more votes for the Sony given the documented bugs with the Sammy or at least a more close poll, but never the less 11-4 to Sammy at the time of writing convinced me to go for it, so I've just gone ahead and purchased the Samsung LE40M86BDX from Curry's online and what really twisted my arm was the price at £733 - can't really argue with that - a full HD 1080p 40" LCD Samsung for that price - now just looking forward to next week when it will be delivered! Only made one mistake and forgot to change delivery time from anytime to the morning/afternoon slot, so will have to call them and see if I can change that!

Fingers crossed it'll be a good one and not bug ridden!

Cheers for voting and helping me out with the decision making process.

8. gundarsk

gundarsk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has that Sony w2000 - PC crippled connectivity issue been solved?

9. EmArA

EmArA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I think u made a good choice. I was confused just like u untill i saw this thread then went and saw W2000 & M87 side by side :eek: M87 looked so much better than the Sony. I will be buying one myself but thinking to go with the 37" not sure yet. :thumbsup:
    cheers