Samsung LE40M61/51 (next gen of Sammy LCD's)

Yep, thats the 51 description.

The 61 is all black.... won the EISA 2005 award.

ordered 40" M61 from didgiuk for £2150 dont know when its due yet waiting for them to order from samsung, hope to have it in a week or two.

I can't see it listed at Digiuk?

Has anyone seen the M61 in the flesh??

Hello,

The LE40M61B is quite hard to find !!!
It's of course available in germany, France etc...

I'm myself interested in the LE32M61B...
Can't find it yet in uk....
Are we always the last to get new products????

The specs does look quite similar to M51B....?

I'll keep looking...

A+
Nico

chowyunfatt said:
ordered 40" M61 from didgiuk for £2150 dont know when its due yet waiting for them to order from samsung, hope to have it in a week or two.

Glad someone out there actually knows about this tv. I've phoned Samsung and 3 dealers only to be told "Sorry I don't know anything about that model".

I was going to go for the LE40R51B but having seen this I would rather wait and get this tv. Typical that no one knows anything about it or when it's available.

Sigh.... yet more waiting :rolleyes:

Galaxian said:
Glad someone out there actually knows about this tv. I've phoned Samsung and 3 dealers only to be told "Sorry I don't know anything about that model".

I was going to go for the LE40R51B but having seen this I would rather wait and get this tv. Typical that no one knows anything about it or when it's available.

Sigh.... yet more waiting :rolleyes:

Its not on Digiuk's web site but if you ring them they will order from samsung.
The sets are going to be shipped from samsung from about the 10th October thats when there avalable in the UK.

So i should have mine in a week or two, i will ring didgiuk later to check the progress of my order. :)

I reckon Samsung are delaying the release in this country because the current models are selling so well.

If you want the Samsung LE40M61B Milano 2 40" LCD TV Future Home have it in for £2199 delivered.

http://www.futurehome.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=541&GCID=C13982x003

You can get it on

Option 1. Buy Now Pay Later

With only a 10% deposit to pay and make no payments for 6 whole months then settle the outstanding balance in full and pay no interest

or … Pay 42 monthly payments at 29.8%. Plus, it's now available on purchases of just £300.00 or more.

Cash price (inc VAT) £2,199.00
Deposit (10%) £219.90
Amount of Loan £1,979.10
Interest/Total Charge for Credit £1,422.10
Total amount payable £3,621.10
Balance payable (if not settled within 6 months) £3,401.20
42 monthly repayments of £80.98
APR 29.8%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2. Interest Free

With only a 10% deposit on your chosen product you can purchase your chosen product INTEREST FREE for a period of 12 months !

Deposit (10%) £219.90
Amount of Loan £1,979.10
Interest/Total Charge for Credit £0.00
Total amount payable £2,198.98
12 monthly repayments of £164.92
APR 0%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 3. Easy Pay

Classic Finance is a no nonsense, straight forward, interest bearing personal loan which allows you to spread the cost of your purchase over 36 equal monthly payments, with a 10% deposit to pay, at a low APR of 12.9%. It's available on purchases of £300.00 or more.

Deposit (10%) £219.90
Amount of Loan £1,979.10
Interest/Total Charge for Credit £394.35
Total amount payable £2,593.35
36 monthly repayments of £65.93
APR 12.9%

Option 3 has a good APR, most shops are charging 19.9 % these days.

Have you seen the Samsung HT-P1200 Home Cinema System that goes with it. Saw it myself last week when in Madrid and it looks awesome. :smashin:

The M51 (one with 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio) is supposed to be hitting UK distributors at the end of this week. I expect them to start appearing on the internet soon at more dealers.

I believe Samsung UK have stock of the M61 (5000:1)but no disti's have taken stock, however they can order.

I suggest anyone interested in either of these models waits a bit, as at the moment dealers who know about them are charging a premium. Shortly I suspect them will become more widely available.

I post this to hopefully save members money, I have learned a lot about the technology while lurking. I personally have gone for the M51.

tjb1973 said:
The M51 (one with 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio) is supposed to be hitting UK distributors at the end of this week. I expect them to start appearing on the internet soon at more dealers.

I believe Samsung UK have stock of the M61 (5000:1)but no disti's have taken stock, however they can order.

I suggest anyone interested in either of these models waits a bit, as at the moment dealers who know about them are charging a premium. Shortly I suspect them will become more widely available.

I post this to hopefully save members money, I have learned a lot about the technology while lurking. I personally have gone for the M51.

What do you see as being the big advantages of the M51 over the M61 other than price?

I ask again, has anyone seen them performing in the flesh?

tjb1973 said:

You're not just saying that to beat us all to the limited stock are you? ;)

chowyunfatt said:
Its not on Digiuk's web site but if you ring them they will order from samsung.
The sets are going to be shipped from samsung from about the 10th October thats when there avalable in the UK.

Thanks that's encouraging. Keep us updated on how you order progresses.

I'm looking to get a HD Ready display before the launch of Xbox360. Narrowed the list down to the Toshiba 37WLT58 and the Samsung LE40R51. With the reported grainy picture for 720p mode on the Toshiba it's pretty much singled out the Samsung screen. I thought I had it all figured out till this screen came along. Personally I think it looks much better in design and the 8ms and improved contrast can only help things along.

I don't want to rush as tjb1973 suggests. Hopefully a few more dealers get stock soon to drive that price below £2000 (maybe).

What do you see as being the big advantages of the M51 over the M61 other than price?

None really, I chose it because I didn't like the all black surround and I felt 3000:1 was sufficent for me.

You're not just saying that to beat us all to the limited stock are you?

Er, no the distributer (I work at a PC dealer) I bought my M51 from is expecting 140 this week.

tjb1973 said:

Yeah, I've been phoning around about the M51 for about a month now and nearly all retailers have listed mid to late Oct for delivery of this model, but i am no way paying £2100 for it! i think futurehome are trying to cash in on the fact that they are the only one with a M51 for sale at the moment!

and they actually only had 1 of them in stock a week ago when i phoned them!

guypb said:

I ask again, has anyone seen them performing in the flesh?

The M61 has a dynamic contrast ratio of 5000:1 instead of the 3000:1 of the M51. That would appear to be the only difference, clearly they are being marketed as a low and high end option.

Gav

A retailer near me (Northwich, Cheshire) has had the Milano for about a week now, so its definately out. I took the missus in on Sunday to compare that and the Panny 500.

Can't remember the price but think it was around £1300 for the 32"

Dave

SteveI said:
At £1250 vs £850, I'd say the M model could happily sell at the same time as the R model, just as a "higher end" option.

The M51 is the replacement for the R41/R51. The M61 (5000:1 dynamic contrast) is the higher end option.

'In the flesh' the M51 and R51 perform identically as far as I could see. Certainly the specs are identical. Side by side they don't look that much different in style, I'd say the M51 looks slightly better but isn't really worth a premium.

Gav

DaveAnderson said:
A retailer near me (Northwich, Cheshire) has had the Milano for about a week now, so its definately out. I took the missus in on Sunday to compare that and the Panny 500.

Can't remember the price but think it was around £1300 for the 32"

Dave

And how did they compare? (based on what feed?)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom