• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE40B651T or Toshiba 42XV635DB?

Leeroy999

Standard Member
Hey all,

I've been looking and researching for weeks now and still need some help in buying one of these two tv's!

I did have my heart set on the Samsung but the two things that are stopping me buying it are:

a, I've read on here that the input lag on the LE40B650/651/652T isn't very good when using a ps3? Can anyone confirm this?

b, The price differences between the two is about £100 to £120

I've read a lot of good things about the Toshiba 42XV635DB and it looks a good all round lcd tv for the price. I've had a look at both in the shops and the Samsung looked a bit better, but the gaming input lag issue (if its that bad?!) is putting me off it. The missus likes the Samsung so I suppose that should be a +1 for it too!

I'll be watching a lot of football on it, a ps3 will be used on it too and possibly Sky HD in the future (have Sky+ at the mo).

Can anyone recommend which to go for?

Cheers

vickster

Distinguished Member
Toshibas reportedly have less lag

Retailers e.g. Amazon offering £100 cashback on the XV too

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom