samsung le40a856

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by scott61985, Feb 8, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott61985

scott61985
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i bought my new LE40A856 on wednesday got it all set up and for some reason since saturday its making a humming noise if i turn the backlight down from 10. and if i go to a black screen. this cant be normal can it. i shoulnt have to keep the back light on 10 to stop the humming. oh and when i change the channels it flicks black then go backs to normal.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. scott61985

scott61985
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    what is it with no body sending posts back on here. forums are ment for help not to get ingnored :thumbsdow

3. scarey

scarey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    maybe nobody knows the answer so you get no response.

4. B8z

B8z
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello mate, i got exactly the same tv a week ago, im pretty happy as yet although i found out the hard way that if you have the brightness, backlight, contrast, dynamic contrast and any other setting that brightens the screen up too high then u can get a kind of screen burn from a moving mist image that i had going on one of my xbox games. Luckily I bought a dvd off the internet called pixel protector that helps you set up your screen perfectly. It can also improve your colour in your picture quality even from the day of purchase by stimulating them properly with a colour screen wash. Its got 3 different screen washes to take away screen burn which from what ive seen from only a day of screen washing, actually works!! Its only £20 and its a good way of maintaining expensive tvs!! Anyway.... Your tv shouldnt be humming at all really, check your NR setting (Noise Reduction) and make sure its on. thats all i can think of really when it comes to humming? Its strange that it does it on a black screen, from what your describing it sounds like unless the tv is displaying a bright image it hums like hell? Or thats what i figured if its loud enough to be bothering you. Once ive got my head round this pixel protector i'll post you the perfect settings for Standard, Movie and Dynamic modes on the tv. Try and steer clear from sansungs entertainment modes, i havent checked them all out yet but game mode turns on a setting called xvYCC. It seems to take out a lot of the colour from your picture and I really dont understand why its even an option? Also what do you mean when you change channel it goes black first then the picture comes up, are you talking about normal tv or when you change the source channel? Source channel being HDMI3 to HDMI2? I haven't actually tried normal tv on mine yet, only blu-ray 24p which was amasing and the xbox. I only really bought it for gaming! lol. But yeh as i said, keep an eye out and ill post you the perfect setting for the 3 modes, also ill put the xbox settings in because they seem to differ as the colours and contrast need to be higher as the picture your looking at isn't real life if that makes sense? Also dont know if you could help me with something? I keep my power management setting turned off because it takes more brightness out of the screen the higher you have it set, but.... ive had my tv a week now and used it for about 6 hours a day (at least lol) but 4 out of the 7 days half way through playing a game or watching a film the tv will just turn itself off, all the touch screen buttons light up and then the standby button just sits there blinking at me?? A couple of seconds after that it either turns back on automatically or i do it myself?! I checked the manual and it says when the tv does as i described its the tv managing its power saving feature?? How could this be if i've turned it off? If i'm half way through a film and the tv turns off its quite annoying!! U had the same problem at all?

5. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.