Samsung LE40A686M1 settings advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopub

Standard Member
Hi All
I am a newbie & I have found this site very helpful in my decision to buy a new TV.
I have just picked up my new Samsung LE40A686M1 from John Lewis (£699 - Bargain!) and I wondered if anyone has the same TV & could recomend me some settings. I am using it mainly with my Virgin Cable box & a Wii. I hope to upgrade to a HD V+ box in the future. I have had a look around the forums & have found so much stuff on settings that I don't really know where to start, hence my query!
If you can give me any pointers it will be very much appreciated.
Just to add, the TV itself looks amazing even before turning it on! & I'd be happy to answer any questions to anyone who is thinking about buying the same.
Many thanks in advance!

octopub

Standard Member
No - it was on tinternet for £699, although I have seen it is now £799.95. It was out of stock so I ordered one & they wrote to me when it came in stock, had to wait about 10 days.:smashin:

Garysb88

Standard Member
Hi,
I have tried to use the settings posted by ALAN CD but have a problem. When setting the custom colour space it state for example red:32/0/0
The thing is I can only see one bar to use i.e. 25
Can anyone please tell me what it is it that I am doing wrong.

Thanks

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom