SAMSUNG LE40A656 - remove source options?

w3d

Novice Member
I have recently set up my Samsung LE40A656 and I am VERY impressed with the picture quality:D. (after calibrating with settings from this forum)

My inputs are:
HDMI 1 - Freesat HD Box
HDMI 2 - PC (Blu-ray, Gaming etc..)

Is there a way to remove all other source options from the list so that when I press the 'source' button it only switches between HDMI 1 & HDMI 2?

simon194

There isn't an option to do what you want unfortunately but there are a couple of option open.

One is to get hold of a remote from a Samsung R88 series TV because they have a dedicated HDMI button which cycles through the connected HDMI inputs. The downside is it can't control the additional functions that the A6 series has that don't exist on the R88's.

The other is a Harmony remote because it can be setup to directly select the HDMI inputs individually.

w3d

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply but i think i will just live with it. It's a shame as my lg had a 'source menu' at the press of a button but the only way to get anything similar on the samsung is to navigate through to the settings menu.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom