• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE40A557P2FXXU Screen Stutter?

SilentSpaceMon

Standard Member
Hi I just got this tv and love it so far, I have it hooked up to my xbox 360 with an attached hd dvd drive, it is connected via the 5 coloured sockets and set to hd, when I watch a hd movie the screen stutters every now and again, is this a tv problem or can it be fixed with using a hdmi cable on my xbox? is a hdmi cable better than the 5 coloured things? is there a difference?

Thanks

SilentSpaceMon

Standard Member
It only happens on hd movies, its like it lags and skips a few frames on itself every now and again.
I don't think it's the hd dvd drive I think it could be a setting on the tv, just don't know which.

proturbo

Standard Member
You should check the refresh rates and see if they match. If playing a 60Hz movie and the Tv displays 50Hz (or vice versa) you will experience "stuttering" or low motion.

SilentSpaceMon

Standard Member
I checked it with all my hd movies and it's always 60hz, I don't know how to make my tv go 50hz instead to check. But it does only do it on hd dvds

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom