• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SAMSUNG LE37R88BD connection to PC

pep411

Standard Member
I am a total novice in terms of cabling gadgets. I have purchased SAMSUNG LE37R88BD.

Following is the connections info

3 x HDMI Connection/s
1 x S-Video Connection/s
1 x Component Video Connection/s
1 x Optical Terminal Connection/s
1 x Headphone Socket
2 x RGB Scart Connection/s.

Can somebody please suggest me with links, as to which cables will I need to connect my Mac Mini to my samsung lcd tv.

Mac min connection info....

Audio

* Combined optical digital audio input/audio line in (minijack)

* Combined optical digital audio output/headphone out (minijack)

Please suggest me your opinions. I am looking at purchasing a 5m HDMI-DVI cable from ebuyer ( £5.83), a good purchase. Is this any good or other method would be better.

Thanks in advance.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I would imagine that your TV has analogue audio inputs (red/white in) so buy a 3.5mm to phono cable and that should do the trick. See HERE. Just connect that to the headphone output on the mac mini.

pep411

Standard Member
thanks for your reply.

Mac mini has digital optical audio input provision. Is this anyway superior to the headphone jack output.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
thanks for your reply.

Mac mini has digital optical audio input provision. Is this anyway superior to the headphone jack output.

Technically yes, but you have nothing to connect it to. The TVs optical connection is an output, same as the mac mini. To utilise the optical connection you would need an av receiver or surround sound system.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom