Samsung LE37R87BDX

R

Random Man

Hi all,

Been browsing this site for a while now, but this is my first post so hello!

To be honest, I'm not that great with technology, enjoying it yes, but connecting, maintaining and fixing no!

So I bought this Samsung LCD a few weeks ago, and everything was fine. Then, the other day I was watching a DVD (through scart) and a lot of detailed bits (ie faces) was smudged/smeared. I assumed this was the DVD or player as previously I'd had no issues with my freeview transmission. However, last night I witnessed the same problem whilst watching TV.

Do I have a faulty LCD? To be honest, I don't seem to have had the problem when using Xbox360 or watching the BBC, but maybe the issue is just gathering pace.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This sounds like exactly the reason why I have been looking at buying for over a year now and haven,t --LCD,S don,t seem to be able to handle movement --particularly on sd --surprised you are having this porblem on a DVD
I would look at the settings thread for this TV --I am assuming there must be one as perhaps a bit of tweaking may improve it --also look at the quality of scarts you are using if you have your dvd fed through a standard scart

When the issue occurred it bothered me so much I tried a different DVD (I was watching 28 Days Later and then experimented with The Matrix). The motion issue didn't occur with The Matix. I also played with all the settings (digital NR, contrast, active colour DNIe etc).

My scart lead and DVD player are going to be replaced imminently for a Samsung upscaling DVD with HDMI.

I am more worried about arguing if I have a problem as its not always present. Has anyone had any experience with returning items to Samsung or do I go to where I bought it first?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom