Samsung LE37R41BX - Scrambled Horizontal Disturbed Image

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by EddTV, May 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. EddTV

EddTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

Ive had this TV for about 18months now and after about 6 months i noticed the occasional flicker around the edges of the screen. This intermittently and progressively got worse to the point where the screen was completely filled with a scrambled horizontal disturbed image. This was repaired by Samsung (local sub) under warranty. The my Mrs told me the repair guys said it was a common fault on this range and was down lo a 'loose connector'. Fixed, great. Warranty expires.
    I have since had the very same effect creep back to the point where my TV is un-usable so i contacted Samsung who despite the repair not holding out would not repair my TV again. Apparently the repairs are only covered for 3 months?

So the upshot of this situation is that Samsung seem to have washed their hands of a product which clearly had and still does have some common issues, I have a TV that i can't use, and it can be repaired for a cost with no guarantee that the fault will be eradicated.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/please.gif
    :lease:

Has anyone here got any advice on how to tackle Samsung, the retailer or to point me in the right direction of this 'loose' connector. Thanks.

Edd

2. EddTV

EddTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump.

Now everyones back home. Any help here would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Edd

3. EddTV

EddTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump + Screen Shot

Attached Files:

4. Blackbolt360

Blackbolt360

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +794
    That **** is ****ed up right there! Its obviously broke in some way.

5. EddTV

EddTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, Tell me something i don't know!

6. Frankie Lee

Frankie Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to my world!

My Samsung started going two weeks after the warranty back in February and am still waiting for a resolution. Have a look at this thread:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517770

The bottom line is this: You have two years automatic gaurantee - it's part of your statutory rights as a European consumer. This has nothing to do with a 'warranty' which is not even a legal contract, but rather something a manufacturer creates in addition to your statutory rights.

Secondly, your contract is not with Samsung but with the retailer. It seems that most retailers will direct any complaints to the manufacturer - this is not legal. You must stick to your guns and deal only with the retailer.

If you're lucky and bought this tv from a UK registered company things are very easy, talk to a consumer rights organisation to get advice. If however (like me) you bought it online from a European retailer things are a lot more difficult.

I've been amazed by the stonewalling and outright illegal practices employed by retailers over the last few months and am thinking of suggesting a sticky thread outlining peoples rights.

7. EddTV

EddTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I think i new this would ultimately be my course of action but i would happily avoid a long drawn out episode with the retailer who is in fact 24/7 Electrical.
    I just want it fixed quickly and without financial penalty if not replaced/refunded.
    Its a poor show all round really.
    I did originally get passed straight on to Samsung by the retailer when the initial fault first occurred which i was a bit suprised about but then i did get a swift repair.

Hey Ho.

8. Frankie Lee

Frankie Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No wories Edd. Glad to be of assistance. I know how depressing this can be. It seems amazing that companies can shirk off their responsabilities so easily. I was amazed that when I originally started posting about my difficulties I had people telling me that I should just get over it and put it down to experience! Experience worth £900 no less!

Your first port of call should be your Consumer rights Organisation. I'm Irish so I don't have any UK links I can give you, but a quick google will probably get you there. Just give them a ring and see what they think.

I would imagine that you're in a very good position as you've already had the set acknowledged as faulty by Samsung.

Let me know how you get on.

9. EddTV

EddTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]
    Fixed It!!!

Initially i thought it was a series of rubber plugs down each side of the screen. Some looked like they had worked loose. Eased them back into position, and put it back together and no change. Then i released a latching connector which is part of the most dodgy looking lead i've ever seen. It is inside the metal panel in the middle of the back of the set and plugs into a board towards the top of the panel. A quick blow out and refitted. It hangs down from the socket hence i guess why it comes loose. That said the metal release latches either side should hold it firm.
    Buttoned her back up and BINGO! Perfect picture once again. It really was as simple as that but how much would it have cost me to get it repaired?
    Still not at all impressed with Samsung but glad to have my TV back on.