Samsung LE37R41BX broken picture

I

ishmail

I have recent taken delivery of a Samsung LE37R41BX lcd TV, and for the first night was very pleased and impressed with the set.

However, when I came to switch it on the next morning, the screen was a mess of horizontal broken blue lines with a rapidly scrolling and broken picture behind, flickering wildly. After checking connections, it would appear that this was common across ALL source and inputs, including DVD, HDD/DVD drive, cable digibox and terrestrial inputs, regardless of what was connected, powered on, or disconnected.

So far the problem has plagued me for about 10 minutes post switch-on before displaying a very good picture for about 3 to 4 hours, then disintegrating once more into an intermittent and highly irritating fault.

Samsung say that this MAY be a manufacturing fault (no kidding) and that if so the set will have to be taken away for repair. However, if it is not a manufacturing fault, then I will have to pay for the repair. Isnt customer service just great? Well done Samsung for your kind support.....

I have asked for a replacement set from the supplier, but does anyone else have any knowledge of similar problems with Samsung or other makes of lcd TV's?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom