Samsung LE37M87BDX remote control issue...

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by kvlassis, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. kvlassis

kvlassis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

Tried to search but did not find anythin relevant but I just got today my Samsung LE37M87BDX and however hard I tried I couldn't get the remote to work!

OK I did change the batteries, I placed them as they should be, cleaned the front and even at 1-2m in front of the TV the remote does not work.

I press the TV button (it turns amber) and then nothing, whaever I do with the TV on or off it makes no difference.

Do you think it's a remote issue or a TV issue? I'm getting a bit worried...

I'll try a 'universal' remote tomorrow and see if that works otherwise I'd have to return it... :(

Did anyone have a similar experience? Is there any way to program the remote to 'obey' the TV so I can use it?

The remote has BN59-00603A on it and the 'reset' button doesn't do much either!

Thanks!

Kostas

2. norealplan

norealplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +733
    Try taking the batteries out, pressing the power button on the remote 5 or so times, then put the batteries back in. May just be a build up of static.

3. kvlassis

kvlassis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No luck I'm afarid... it's off now and doesn't respond to whatever I press on the remote! :(

4. norealplan

norealplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +733
    I'd ring Samsung and see what they say then. They may be able to offer a solution or a replacement remote.

5. kvlassis

kvlassis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did ring them this morning and they will send a replacement remote... my gutt feeling though is that the problem is with the TV because I also have the Samsung HT-TX35R Home Cinema and with both remotes I can't control the TV but with both remotes I can control the DVD of the system...

Now I have to wait for the replacemen remote before escalating for a fix on the tv... not a good experience so far!:thumbsdow